PDA

View Full Version : hiding contacts

luminary1915
01-17-2008, 11:14 PM
odd question i suppose...

i have a few contacts i want to hide in my address book, but want them still in the phone so i know not to answer if they call

i could use categories, but its a bit tedious to add my hundreds of other contacts to a category

i'd like to simply just tag a few contacts as "hidden"

is this possible?

juwaack68
01-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the forums!

No, sorry, the only way to do that is to do what you've already mentioned - mark all the ones you want to see with a different category and then use that filter to see just them.

luminary1915
01-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the forums!

No, sorry, the only way to do that is to do what you've already mentioned - mark all the ones you want to see with a different category and then use that filter to see just them.

thanks for the quick response

any other blackberrys do this outside of the 8700 series? or just not a known function of any blackberry at this time?

juwaack68
01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Not a function of any device at this time.

Thatzmister2u
01-18-2008, 01:47 AM
If you are worried about someone going through the device either lock it or quit doing things you don't want others to find! :)

Sith_Apprentice
01-18-2008, 01:50 AM
thats basically all you can do. i personally recommend the first but thats just me

makedonce
01-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Try deleting the numbers you want to hide from the BB memory. Take the SIM card out, and put it in another phone. Than add the numbers you want but make sure you save them on the SIM memory rather than the phone memory,
When you insert the SIM card back into the BB you should be prompted to copy the SIM content to the BB. Select No.
Then, when you want to dial them.. just go to ur phonebook and select SIM phone book.
It might not be the best solution, but these days when everyone seems to keep their contacts in the phone memory, rarely who remembers to look at the good ol' SIM card.

Hope this helps

Menthol
01-20-2008, 07:07 PM
But would it show that it's "Mike" calling because the OP wants to have the option of seeing if it's "Mike" calling. (Mike being the contact stored to the SIM card)

Try deleting the numbers you want to hide from the BB memory. Take the SIM card out, and put it in another phone. Than add the numbers you want but make sure you save them on the SIM memory rather than the phone memory,
When you insert the SIM card back into the BB you should be prompted to copy the SIM content to the BB. Select No.
Then, when you want to dial them.. just go to ur phonebook and select SIM phone book.
It might not be the best solution, but these days when everyone seems to keep their contacts in the phone memory, rarely who remembers to look at the good ol' SIM card.

Hope this helps

makedonce
01-21-2008, 03:13 AM
I really dont know the answer to that question. On my Sony Ericsoon 750i, the name shows even though the number is stored in the SIM card. Logically it should do the same on the BB, but i haven't tried it. If anyone tries it and it works, please let us know.