PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Contacts Duplication

mbullock
01-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I have a user with a 8800 that syncs with Outlook. It is making multiple copies of some contacts on the handheld but not in Outlook.

Any suggestions as to what may be wrong here?

JSanders
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
On a BES?

mbullock
01-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Sorry, no its BIS

JSanders
01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
You can delete your entire BB Address Book and then re-sync Outlook to the BB. At that point, you shouldn't continue getting duplicates.

Backup the BB, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Then select Address Book and then advanced, and then delete (or clear).

mbullock
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
You can delete your entire BB Address Book and then re-sync Outlook to the BB. At that point, you shouldn't continue getting duplicates.

Backup the BB, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Then select Address Book and then advanced, and then delete (or clear).

I backed up the BB, cleared the Address Book, and did a re-sync.

Same thing. I double checked to make sure there wasn't duplicate entries again in Outlook and there isn't. Any more suggestions??

Should I have pulled the battery between the address book clear and the re-sync??

mbullock
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I backed up the BB, cleared the Address Book, and did a re-sync.

Same thing. I double checked to make sure there wasn't duplicate entries again in Outlook and there isn't. Any more suggestions??

Should I have pulled the battery between the address book clear and the re-sync??

Figured out the problem. Thanks for your help.

poseidon66
01-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Or is it something you don't want to post?

JSanders
01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
lol, yea, it would be nice to know.

I thought later, someone could have duplicates by having a filter applied to one entire set of addresses, perhaps.

Biker George
01-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello -

I had the same issue, and it was confounding because not all of the contacts were duplicated - only some of them. And, they had subtle differences, such as the numbers using parentheses on one version and dashes on the other.

Well...a few years ago, I had the bright idea of creating a separate Outlook Contact list for company contacts (our employees, suppliers and distributors).

Forgot I'd done it...

Anyway, the Blackberry copied both Outlook Contact profiles over - and that was the reason for the duplication.

Long story short, check your Outlook Contact Profiles to make sure you only have one version.

Hope this helps,

-Geo