PDA

View Full Version : Ringer volume

Chiocciman
01-19-2008, 03:53 PM
How do I increase the ringer volume on my brand new 8830? I checked FAQs on "ringer volume" and "volume" and found no info (not helpful).

I changed the profile from normal to loud and it goes into vibrate mode with a delayed ring that is not louder. I have a hearing problem and need a louder ringer.

Can anyone help? I'm a rookie on the BlackBerry

Thanks
Chuck

Sith_Apprentice
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
go to profiles > advanced > scroll to loud > menu > edit > scroll to phone > ringer volume > high

aiharkness
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

With the native blackberry tones, you can set volume in the profile edit settings. Beyond that, some are louder or softer than others. You may be able to do something with custom ringtones, but I'll have to leave that to others to explain.

JSanders
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Chuck, apparently there is an inherant 8830 volume issue.

Get some louder ringtones, I have some here, the ones ending in the word 'loud' are just that.
Index of /ringtones (http://www.agaboobie.net/ringtones)

AND, welcome to the BB Forums.

Chiocciman
01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Excellent! Thanks guys. I just found out how to create a new profile with my settings. I can't believe I stated with Palm as long as I did. This phone is an amazing tool, and very intuitive. Now I just have to learn it.

I will check out the ring tones. Thanks so much for the help. I look forward to becoming an expert and lending a hand.

Chuck

cala833
01-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Could you please tell me how to download your ringtones from Index of /ringtones (http://www.agaboobie.net/ringtones/) ? Many thanks.

cala833
01-20-2008, 02:00 AM
I have downloaded the LOAD ones and still they arenít load enough. I canít even hear it from 5 feetÖ

jsntrenkler
01-20-2008, 02:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

In general I have found my 8830 ringer to be pretty weak. I have followed many different ideas ie; custom preference, optimizing mp3 volume. And have come to the cinclusion that my 8830 is just weak in the ringer volume department.

cala833
01-20-2008, 02:34 AM
I love the phone but ring tones volumes are unacceptable. 90% of my calls are missed, because I can’t hear the ring even though the phone in same room where I am…

stevenmz
01-20-2008, 07:24 AM
How do I increase the ringer volume on my brand new 8830? I checked FAQs on "ringer volume" and "volume" and found no info (not helpful).

I changed the profile from normal to loud and it goes into vibrate mode with a delayed ring that is not louder. I have a hearing problem and need a louder ringer.

Can anyone help? I'm a rookie on the BlackBerry

Thanks
Chuck

This is a quote from an older thread from 'Cybercon'. I did this and it worked great!! I also included a link to preloaded BB8830 ringtones. Download them to you desktop, unzip them and pick the ones you wish to use. Follow Cybercons instructions below and your problem is SOLVED. Much louder! You will need the latest BB Desktop Manager software

PinStack.com (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5657&d=1186629597)

"Some people are making this more complex than it needs to be. Verizon apparently does not care, I called the 800 as suggested earlier, they cared less than one would expect. Here is my fix:

Go to media manager in the BB desktop manager. Pick the mp3 ringtone, I use CTU ring, Highlight file- select from menu FILE-Edit with Quick Sound Editor - click on the equalizer looking button and move the levels up on all.then save as mp3 and sync to blackberry - MUCH LOUDER!!"

JSanders
01-20-2008, 08:00 AM
I love the phone but ring tones volumes are unacceptable. 90% of my calls are missed, because I canít hear the ring even though the phone in same room where I amÖ

I suggest another model BB then.

Chiocciman
01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I suggest another model BB then.

I agree. I have a hearing problem. What model do you suggest? VZW only offers the 8830 or smaller units and I like the big keyboard.

Thanks
Chuck

six attack
01-20-2008, 02:51 PM
This is a quote from an older thread from 'Cybercon'. I did this and it worked great!! I also included a link to preloaded BB8830 ringtones. Download them to you desktop, unzip them and pick the ones you wish to use. Follow Cybercons instructions below and your problem is SOLVED. Much louder! You will need the latest BB Desktop Manager software

PinStack.com (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5657&d=1186629597)

"Some people are making this more complex than it needs to be. Verizon apparently does not care, I called the 800 as suggested earlier, they cared less than one would expect. Here is my fix:

Go to media manager in the BB desktop manager. Pick the mp3 ringtone, I use CTU ring, Highlight file- select from menu FILE-Edit with Quick Sound Editor - click on the equalizer looking button and move the levels up on all.then save as mp3 and sync to blackberry - MUCH LOUDER!!"

Is "Quick Sound Editor" a program that needs to be downloaded first?
I tried highlighting the mp3's in Media Manager, but there was no option to edit the file.

cala833
01-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't find 'Quick Sound Editor'... Can anyone please explain step by step how to do it? Many thanks.

JSanders
01-20-2008, 04:44 PM
cala, never heard of "Quick Sound Editor", it is not an option on the BB. There is no need to look for it.

cala833
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
I am trying to find 'Quick Sound Editor' in media manager in the BB desktop manager

JSanders
01-20-2008, 05:14 PM
AH, ok--in Desktop Manager > Media Manager. I wonder if that is a feature of the Roxio media manager?

Chiocciman
01-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I there a way to upload a music ring tone from the BB to the desktop. I can edit it and turn it up if it's a standard format, and then put it back.

Chuck

cala833
01-20-2008, 05:25 PM
From the top:

Go to media manager in the BB desktop manager. Pick the mp3 ringtone, I use CTU ring, Highlight file- select from menu FILE-Edit with Quick Sound Editor - click on the equalizer looking button and move the levels up on all.then save as mp3 and sync to blackberry - MUCH LOUDER

I don't see: Edit with Quick Sound Editor ... this is my problem.

Can anyone just upload some loud ringtones here for us to download?

JSanders
01-20-2008, 05:37 PM

Read this entire thread from the top...
I did, a while back, for that purpose... see my Post #4 above.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/113717-ringer-volume.html#post804615

six attack
01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
I just did an internet search and I think that JS is correct. Quick Sound Editor seems to be a function of the Roxio Media Manager ("Easy Media Creator"). As far as I can tell that is distinctly different from the Blackberry Media Manager. I don't really know a whole lot more about the Roxio Product. It sounds like a 3rd party app that costs $$.

Here is a post that makes references to the product...
ringtones - Roxio Community (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=31900)

If anyone has more info on Roxio please post.
Thanks

JSanders
01-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (8800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Roxio MM is included with Desktop Manager v. 4.3 and 4.2.2.

cala833
01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
To JSanders: I did downloaded couple of ring tones from your site. There is some kind of noise on the background of each ring tone... it's defiantly better than originals...

stevenmz
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
From the top:

Go to media manager in the BB desktop manager. Pick the mp3 ringtone, I use CTU ring, Highlight file- select from menu FILE-Edit with Quick Sound Editor - click on the equalizer looking button and move the levels up on all.then save as mp3 and sync to blackberry - MUCH LOUDER

I don't see: Edit with Quick Sound Editor ... this is my problem.

Go to my BB Ringtone link (see earlier post) and download to your Desktop. Start up BB Desktop Mgr. and click on Media Manager. Left hand box with files, folders etc., click on the Folders Icon. Find folder with BB Tones. Click it , it will load to the large box to right. Then select and find the tone you want. Right click the tone and select 'Edit with Quick Sound Editor' from the drop down menu. Push all of the equalizer bars up to full volume. Save the file. Sync your BB and load new tone to phone. I promise the tone will be plenty loud enough. I'm a geezer with mush for hearing. I now hear my calls from the other room. NO PROBLEM!!

cala833
01-20-2008, 07:25 PM
When I right click on the mp3 file I don't see 'Edit with Quick Sound Editor', I have an option: Edit AudioTags

Please see attched image for my options when I right click...

Thankyou for your help!

stevenmz
01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
When I right click on the mp3 file I don't see 'Edit with Quick Sound Editor', I have an option: Edit AudioTags

Please see attched image for my options when I right click...

Thankyou for your help!

Make sure you have the latest DM from RIM. Should be V4.3. That version uses Roxio as its media manager. v4.2 does not.

stevenmz
01-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

In general I have found my 8830 ringer to be pretty weak. I have followed many different ideas ie; custom preference, optimizing mp3 volume. And have come to the cinclusion that my 8830 is just weak in the ringer volume department.

Look...I know as much about tech stuff as the fella I chose as my avatar! I usually get into more trouble trying to figure things out. Honestly, using Desktop MGR. v4.3 with the Roxio Media Manager makes editing ringer volume simple. My hearing is terrible due to Marge screaming at my all the time. Follow the instructions using DM v4.3 and you'll be pleased.

mrmartymac
01-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Blackberry has closed the ticket related to the low ringer volume. I have bee watching this BB support ticket ever since I got my VZW 8830.

The ticket was closed 12/24/07. We can only hope that the "fix" works. The "Release" is number 92, but this will translate into a different number in the VZW world.

I have a link to the ticket below.

Blackberry Support Ticket RESOLVED!? (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13836&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=57112990&stateId=0%200%2031273147)

Now we just have to wait for VZW to deliver it to us.

I have used Audacity to "tweak" some mp3 files to get loud ringers, but honestly, none of us should have to jump through these kinds of hoops just to hear the phone ring.

Anyway, I hope this information can help.

kjjb0204
01-21-2008, 03:10 PM
AH, ok--in Desktop Manager > Media Manager. I wonder if that is a feature of the Roxio media manager?

I just downloaded the latest Desktop Manager from RIM, v4.3, and I don't see a Media Manager option. I have Synchronize, Backup and Restore, Application Loader, Email Settings, and Switch Device Wizard. Any thoughts on why I don't see Media Manager anywhere?

JSanders
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
no clue, Media Manager did not load in my installation of 4.3 either, on my laptop, but I never cared because I wouldn't use Media Manager anyway.

kjjb0204
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, that's fine as long as I can find another program to jack up the volume on an mp3 ringer and load it back on the bb, but when I connect the bb to my pc, the drive shows up in My Computer, but when I click on the drive to open, it says Please insert a disk into drive E. How do I access the file on my bb from my desktop?

JSanders
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Where is the file, on your BB device memory or the media card?

I

kjjb0204
01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
bb device memory

JSanders
01-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, you can't. They are included in a database backup on your PC if you have backed up, I can't remember where. Another user might have a better idea of how to access those, but it is not so simple.

I would add louder ringtones.

kjjb0204
01-21-2008, 04:16 PM
It's crazy that it's so difficult - - all I'm trying to do is increase the volume of the classic phone ringer sound. I'm not one for songs for ringers. I prefer the standard classic phone ringer. I loaded the one I use now on the phone, so maybe I can go back to that ringer site and manipulate it before loading on the phone again.

keramz
05-25-2008, 10:36 AM
there is no edit with quick sound editor option... Did they remove it or em I doing something wrong? Right clicking Im only getting edit audio tags and auto mix options. Never though a bb can get me so angry lol.

Can anyone help?