PDA

View Full Version : 8700g TMO Push Mail Broken

dmtnet
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Recently changed from VZW to TMO and bought a 8700g. My main issue right now is my push email. I've setup one from my own company's box and one from gmail.com and they both almost never get delievered, and if they do its hours or days later. The one that works without fail is the tmo.blackberry.net address.

Any ideas? I've tweaked the TCP settings to make sure it has wap.voicestream.com and the phone number as my username and my password I use to login to the TMO BIS.

They do arrive in the mail box if i check via outlook or webmail client

Any ideas would be helpful, I'm dying here and missing business.

Thanks

JSanders
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Welcome to the BBForums.

Remove the username and pw from the TCP. Not needed for TMo.

The Gmail account is simple to add... it only needs a username and pw at the BIS site. Just like this:
How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_add_/_delete_email_addresses)

i don't know about your business email... is it BES?

aiharkness
01-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

For TMO you don't enter a username and password in TCP. Leave those blank.

On the email, try deleting the BIS setup and then create it again. For good measure you might delete the service books on the blackberry beforehand. When you recreate the BIS emails, the service books will be sent when you save them.

dmtnet
01-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info guys but I've tried removing the service books and removing the login and password for TCP with no result.

When I remove the login information I cant use Opera or Idokorro Mobile SSH

any further ideas?

aiharkness
01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I've used opera mini with just the apn and no username or password. But that's a separate issue from BIS email.

Dubdub
01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Did you try puling the battery?

dmtnet
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Trying it again, well let know

dmtnet
01-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Still no luck, tried removing service books, battery (hard reset), And I've created a yahoo account instead of gmail to see if that would have made a difference and no joy.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

aiharkness
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
You said the email comes through, just delayed, right? So this isn't a BES or IT policy problem?

JSanders
01-19-2008, 10:34 PM
They do arrive in the mail box if i check via outlook or webmail client

If that setup works... why change it?

aiharkness
01-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Also, maybe something here may help: Some email comes to my BB and some does not - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Some_email_comes_to_my_BB_and_some_does_not)

dmtnet
01-19-2008, 11:00 PM
What I meant by the do actually arrive at the mail server and I've sent them in outlook or webmail. But they are not being pushed to the blackberry. So f I send a test message to a xxxxx@<hidden> I see it arrives but it does not arrive on the blackberry. I've done the same thing for a yahoo address and a number of other domains (linux) boxes I run. The only mail I get like I should is that going to tmo.blackberry.net address.

I've made sure the messages are being left on the server untouched. When it involves my outlook type accounts.

aiharkness
01-19-2008, 11:03 PM
On TMO website, are you sure you entered the PIN, etc. correctly when you set it up? Don't know that you enter wrong info and not get some error feed back, but I don't know. Or maybe TMO did it for you, if you bought the blackberry in a store.

JSanders
01-19-2008, 11:04 PM
ok, go to options > advanced > service book.

What all service books do you have there with the @<hidden> email addresses? Are those in question listed here?

dmtnet
01-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes all the service books are there that correspond with the e-mail address I have attached to the BB.

JSanders
01-19-2008, 11:54 PM
My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/My_Email_Stopped_Arriving)

Best tips there are for errant emails... if one of these tips don't do it, you have some other problem.

aiharkness
01-20-2008, 08:38 AM

That is all really strange. I would say there's an issue with the email accounts themselves and BIS, which is possible with the company email, but doesn't seem likely for the gmail account. And then you would expect some error back from BIS. Strange.