PDA

View Full Version : Timed Profiles or Auto Changing Profiles

bg_27
07-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Is there a way to have profiles change at certain times? Is there any aftermarket software that will enable this?

Basically at night i turn my "night" profile on which disables email notifications, but leaves phone ringing on, and then during the day i have both enabled, but i do this manually all the time and sometimes forget, so looking for an automatic way.

thanks

supermanfan
07-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Is there a way to have profiles change at certain times? Is there any aftermarket software that will enable this?

Basically at night i turn my "night" profile on which disables email notifications, but leaves phone ringing on, and then during the day i have both enabled, but i do this manually all the time and sometimes forget, so looking for an automatic way.

thanks

I am also looking for an answer to this. Seems like a simple thing.

Anyone?

TheBiGW
07-19-2005, 05:43 AM
I also asked this question and at the moment it appears this is not possible. The closest you can get is the Auto on/off feature I believe.

brownhead
07-29-2005, 05:52 AM
I was just about to post a question on this as well - let me know if you guys come up with any solutions, thanks.

roccitman
07-29-2005, 03:49 PM
In all my digging I have not been able to find a way to do this on a 7100. Someone will have to write a utility for it. Any takers...

BTW, I got used to having this on my Nokia phones and really miss it.
-roccit

jasonb
07-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Yeah, this was a feature that I had on my old nokia phone and loved it. I think there has to be a way to it with an application of some sort.

gizmo01
09-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Anybody find anything new on this?

This is such an important function, IMHO, that I'd be willing to try to code a basic application for it. Anybody want to give me a hand?

giz

bg_27
09-21-2005, 10:02 AM
i looked into coding this myself, but it appears that the blackberry sdk does not contain any methods to access anything to do with profiles

gizmo01
09-21-2005, 10:14 AM
i looked into coding this myself, but it appears that the blackberry sdk does not contain any methods to access anything to do with profiles

Uggg...that sucks

bg_27
09-21-2005, 10:15 AM
yah i agree, but i could be wrong, there may be other ways to code it to get around that, but imo thats what i found