PDA

View Full Version : APN Settings - not working ... ?

Omnimaxus
01-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Hello there, everyone - am a new forum member here; activated my new OEM 7290 yesterday with AT&T. I'm looking for a specific answer from other AT&T subscribers who use the APN settings on their Blackberrys. Can you tell me the correct APN settings for someone who's just activated their service with AT&T, uses the AT&T network, etc. and wasn't a Cingular "carry-over" from when the transition from Cingular to AT&T took place? I did try using "proxy" in the APN field and left the username/password fields blank, but no go. Also tried using the older Cingular APN settings ... Thanks.

aiharkness
01-20-2008, 09:27 AM
What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_are_the_TCP_and_APN_settings%3F)

This may be of some help.

JSanders
01-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Wirelessly posted (8800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

This works, new ATT or not. It is case sensitive, just as below. After you set and save it, remove yout battery and reboot the BlackBerry.

APN: WAP.CINGULAR

Username: WAP@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1

Omnimaxus
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM
That did the trick. I didn't know I had to remove the battery, then reboot. Thanks! Viva la Blackberry!

webnom
02-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Worked for me too. Finally! after a day of frustration.

Opera's support are on its website is lacking.

Thanks for the help!