PDA

View Full Version : What to expect if I wipe my 7290

Soapm
07-03-2005, 06:13 PM
I still can't get PD to work properly but now that I know others can use it on the updated OS I know the problem must be on my end. I want to try some experiments like going back to the old OS but I need to be confident I can get back on our BES etc...
===
What should I back up prior to wiping? I'm not worried about mail, contacts or calander since I have those in outlook on my laptop. Will I be able to get it back on our BES just by hooking it to Desktop Manager? Anything else you guys have learned from experience that I should be careful of?

NJBlackBerry
07-03-2005, 06:21 PM
You will lose any over the air loaded applications and the data from those apps. Some apps don't back up their data (like PD and BBWeather).

After you reload the OS, you WILL need to get onto Desktop Manager, connected to your Exchange server so that it can reestablish the relationship. Take 2 backups :-)

I just did this to a misbehaving 7290 yesterday AM.

Soapm
07-03-2005, 06:29 PM
You know what i'm trying to accomplish, what will clean off the OS? Just a wipe from the security settings or do I need to do something more extreme?

NJBlackBerry
07-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Wiping from the Security screen will wipe off you personal information only and will not touch the underlying programs....

To completely wipe out a BB - OS and all - you can either do it via Application Loader (click on the Advanced button and tell it to backup data and wipe out and reload the OS), or - the brute force method - is to use javaloader -usb wipe to toast it and then reload it.

Soapm
07-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Well, got PD working but now when I boot up I get an exception error. I also can't hide certian desktop icons like bluetooth and turn off the xmitter. Strange???

Thanks for all the help...

Soapm
07-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Well screw me running!

I took PD off to see if my exception error went away. Sure enough it did. I figured at least I know what's causing it so I went and put it back on and now all my troubles are back. I guess I'll have to start all over again to figure out what the combo is that won't play with each other.

I have PD, Olive tree bible, BB Messanger, Ramble and password keeper???

Soapm
07-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Well, I took Ramble off and now PD runs like normal except I still get "uncaught exception.java.lang.error" when my BB first boots. This started happening as soon as I put PD on. I then put Ramble back on and now PD and Ramble plays fair.

I guess the moral of this story is you must put PD on before Ramble or you will get a BB that moves at a snails pace.

Now to figure out why I get uncaught exception.java.lang.error when my BB boots...