PDA

View Full Version : Help with accessing phone - password coming up as foreign characters

aaron.seasearch
01-21-2008, 02:45 AM
I can't access my phone. When I entered the password, the asterists were being displayed going right to left.

Eventually the device requested me to enter the word "blackberry" and the characters are still appearing right to left, but also they are in a foreign character set. I don't know what the language is; certainly it is from an arabic country.

Anyone else had this problem?

d_fisher
01-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Its normal for the password to be masked. Try taking the battery out for a second and try again. If you type the password in too many times it will eventually wipe all data from the device.

JSanders
01-21-2008, 10:58 AM
You could have accidentally changed the language input on the BB... look at Options > Language and Language Input method, as well.

SheepDog
01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
this is one reason I am glad to have english only on my device.

Duncan.McIntyre
01-27-2008, 05:12 AM
I am having the same problem as above, the issue is that once the device is locked you can no longer use the shortcut to switch the language.

The last time this happened Work had to wipe the device to disable the password, and perform a complete restart through the Enterprise server. This worked but now I have the problem again, but there is no one at work to help.

Does anyone know how I can switch the language eventhough the device is locked??

Please help!!