PDA

View Full Version : Address Book search problem...

AlexKidd
01-21-2008, 11:37 AM
I've ran into an odd issue. Whenever I open the address book to locate a person by name, for some reason names are not locating properly. For example, I could have three people named "Jason One", "Jason Two" and "Jason Three". When I type in "ja" I see all three Jason's. When I add the "s" then NONE of them show up.

Anyone ever heard of this? I tried to search using a couple of the following keywords but didn't locate anything that was relevant.

missing address book contact entries search problem issue

I'm running OS 2.4.0.73 / 4.2.2.166 (301) AT&T Curve 8300

It wsn't always like this, just happened recently and can't pin down anything I made a change to. Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

--Kidd

aiharkness
01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Do you have a filter enabled? Or, try a hard reset.

AlexKidd
01-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Ohh, this gives me a clue. First off, to answer your questions - no, there are no filters applied, and I've tried a hard reset (battery pull?) several times to no avail.

The clue you gave though was the filters. Recently I did DELETE four categories while in the Tasks application. Some of those filters were for categories that I only used in my Contacts. I'm looking under filters now on Contacts and the categories are gone from there as well! I tried adding them back - that didn't help. I shut off and did a hard reset, now they are all found!

It appears that Contact and Task Categories are hermetically linked and deleting them from Tasks screws up the Contacts app. Grrr!! :(

RIM should fix this - very annoying.

Thanks for brainstorming with me.

--Kidd