PDA

View Full Version : moving Applications

shane.kelly55
01-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok so this is a silly question. But first a big THANK YOU to John the Administrator guy on the forum who helped me get to 4.2.x.x.x I have suceeded and it runs just awesome. It seems to run faster too.

So i am trying to move my gmail application from the Applications folder to the Main Menu Desktop. I can move it within the applications folder easily enough but cant seem to move it up one level.

Anyone have any advice? I know it can be done on the 8300. Maybe its a limitation. Its no big deal but it would be helpful.

Cheers....

Shane

Thatzmister2u
01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok so this is a silly question. But first a big THANK YOU to John the Administrator guy on the forum who helped me get to 4.2.x.x.x I have suceeded and it runs just awesome. It seems to run faster too.

So i am trying to move my gmail application from the Applications folder to the Main Menu Desktop. I can move it within the applications folder easily enough but cant seem to move it up one level.

Anyone have any advice? I know it can be done on the 8300. Maybe its a limitation. Its no big deal but it would be helpful.

Cheers....

Shane

From the application folder just highlight the icon and press Menu>Move. You will need to drag it up into the first 5 applications on the application folder. It will then show on the main screen.

E-

P.S. And yes, John is a great guy!

shane.kelly55
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Alright E.

Now i feel like a dope. For the life of me i cant make this work. I click the lower left hand key (shift i assume) and then the trackball click. it gives me the move option but i cant go any further than the current folder. i tried the switch application option and try Home Screen but no dice.

I know this is an idiot user level issue. But it does drive me nuts.

Thanks Again,

Shane

JSanders
01-21-2008, 05:42 PM
ALT + click, to move. not shift.

On some themes, you can not move from that folder.

Thatzmister2u
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Good grief, I am lucky my directions were even in the ballpark! I didn't even catch the OP's model! :)

JSanders
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
that's ok, we got each others back.

I hope.

Thatzmister2u
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
You know it!! (y)