PDA

View Full Version : Just got replacement 8800 in the mail but cant.....

saynils69
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi.

I just my 8800 replacement in the mail and have 5 days to return the defective one. My problem is that all my data is in the old one and the charging usb port is broken. The phone does not charge and does not read data. How can I get my millions contacts and apps off to put in the new 8800? The last time I sync'd was 3 weeks ago but i didnt back up the device in maybe a year :( so... all the current data is in the device and old data is backed up. I want the device's data, not the old data. What can I do please?

am I Screwed?

Thanks.

ezrunner
01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
pretty much screwed unless you have a recent backup of your old device

SheepDog
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM
lemme see:

phone wont work... not at all?
usb port wont work...bluetooth work?

no recent backup

yep. pretty much toasted n roasted.

sorry about that. always make important backups.

Dubdub
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Do you sync to Outlook? If so, all of your contacts and calendar entries shoudl be there, at least those from the last sync.

caneau
01-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Charge up the battery in the new BB8800 unit. Put the battery in the old 8800 unit. Use Bluetooth sync to backup all your data. USB Bluetooth dongles are $20 from any electronics store if you don't have one already or have it built in on your laptop. Your applications, I hate to inform you, are going to be very difficult to remove. I suggest just redownloading them on the new unit.

Massonite
01-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Well there is a device transfer wizard in Desktop Manager 4.3 which I believe will back up/restore applications installed wirelessly. So try doing what caneau said and charge the battery in your new one, but that battery in your old one, use Bluetooth to pair it to your computer and to Desktop Manager, then run the device transfer wizard and I am pretty sure that will transfer your applications. I tried doing it from an 8830 to a Pearl and while it did transfer the applications, they didn't work because it's a totally different device. But since they're the same it should work.

Good luck man

greggebhardt
01-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Your only hope is to get the BT sync set up. If you can't you will be getting alot of practice on the keyboard!

Backup on a reqular basis!