PDA

View Full Version : Browser Weather Push.

SteveO86
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I was looking intot he Weather push and was wondering if anyone has been using the weather push and how they like it.

I tried getting it configured but it couldn't find my location.
I am in Spring Hill, Fl USA, I tried typing all that in various different times but it keeps telling me it could not find my location but if I put a big name like Tampa it shows up just like that, any one else have any similar expierences?

scottjb
01-21-2008, 09:55 PM
I found it to be OK, but nothing great. It only updates twice per day, so the current conditions are always out of date. I deleted and just use the TWC mobile Web site.

SheepDog
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I like BB Weather better

gameboy213
01-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I like the screen the push weather takes you too... looks real nice with the animated icons... but it is totally unreliable I think. BBweather works perfectly. The push is a good idea but is always about 5 hours behind the current time it seems.....

theorangeman
01-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Please pardon my question if this is extremely obvious (as I'm a new owner) but what is BB Weather?

theorangeman
01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah... I just reminded myself that search is my friend! :)

Found the info I was looking for in just a few minutes.

On another note, has anyone used weatherbug on their BB before? I use it on all of my desktop computers and really like it. However, I'm wondering how it works on the BB. I might go ahead and just give it a try.

theorangeman
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I just downloaded weatherbug and so far, it looks pretty cool. However, I keep changing the location and it continues to go back to somewhere in Maryland!!

CybaCowboy
01-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Wirelessly posted (RIM BlackBerry 8300 Curve: BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/122)

When you say "BlackBerry Weather", what are you referring to?

My BlackBerry 8300 Curve has no weather applications built-in...

theorangeman
01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Wirelessly posted (RIM BlackBerry 8300 Curve: BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/122)

When you say "BlackBerry Weather", what are you referring to?

My BlackBerry 8300 Curve has no weather applications built-in...

:?

*** remember... the search button is your friend ***

There are many threads on BB Weather that will help you understand exactly what it is.

Here is just one of many...

BB Weather (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/6152-bbweather-released-blackberry-weather-software.html)

nmadd
01-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I was looking intot he Weather push and was wondering if anyone has been using the weather push and how they like it.

I tried getting it configured but it couldn't find my location.
I am in Spring Hill, Fl USA, I tried typing all that in various different times but it keeps telling me it could not find my location but if I put a big name like Tampa it shows up just like that, any one else have any similar expierences?
I gave it a shot, but didn't like the fact that it only updated twice a day. In addition to the BBWeather suggestion, don't forget jfisher's web shortcuts. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/60545-web-shortcuts-last.html) I use a shortcut to Weather Underground and like this much better than BBWeather.

Good luck.

theorangeman
01-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Good idea - I'll have to look into how to use web shortcuts because eventually I'll probably go that route. However, I do like the temperature display (i.e. weatherbug) on my homepage without having to go to a site to see the temperature but I also don't want to have to pay an annual subscription either. Therefore, I think web shortcuts is in my future. :)

heartspeace
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I like BBWeather EXCEPT the icon on the screen doesn't have anything to do with the current weather. Always a storm cloud, how unuseful. I would like an accuweather type applications that was a true application and displayed the correct weather. Weathereye is great but doesn't support any cities near me. Any ideas??

wabbit
04-24-2008, 05:21 PM
i didnt like the push it was always wrong in the forecast.

akosnitzky
04-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I like BBWeather EXCEPT the icon on the screen doesn't have anything to do with the current weather. Always a storm cloud, how unuseful. I would like an accuweather type applications that was a true application and displayed the correct weather. Weathereye is great but doesn't support any cities near me. Any ideas??

I agree with the downside of BB Weather. I wish it adjusted on the homescreen.

thaKing
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
i could care less about what's on the home screen...i open the app and leave it running, hit alt+esc to see what the weather is....

SteveO86
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
You could try WeatherEye or Weather Bug Direct, both offer home screen icons that reflect the current Weather for you location. I prefer Weather Bug because it pushes down alerts and offers animated radar screens. WeatherEye is very nice looking but doesn't give as much information as Weather Bug. (Just my opinion)