PDA

View Full Version : Strange Issue - Jawbone and my 8310

oester
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
I've been a JB user for some time - used it on my 8100, 8800, 8300, and now my 8310. My trusty ole JB finally broke (case came apart), so they sent me a replacement. Upon paring the new JB with my 8310, I found that callers could not hear me at all. I could hear hem fine.

- First attempt was to delete and re-pair.. same result.
- Paired the new JB with my old 8700 - same result, callers could not hear me!
- Paired the new JB with a Moto phone - worked just fine!?!

Another clue: On the device options (on the 8310), I see the JB now shows up as a device that support Encryption - was that option there before? (other JB users, can you check?) Tried turning that off, no success.

Seems to me that this is a firmware issue on the JB.

Any ideas, other experiences like this?

dres79
01-22-2008, 07:24 PM
once in a while i get that where the other person cant hear me. couple things i have tried.
-reset the JB (power off/on).
-hold down both buttons for couple seconds then restart.
-delete from phone and start over.
-take the noise shield off then turn it back on.
-plug into charger for couple seconds then disconnect and pair again.

i dont know if pressing both buttons does anything but that seems to work best.

good luck

F1r3St0rmJTL
07-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone,

I have had the same problem with my headset. Just bought the Jawbone and found that when making calls know one can here me. This also happens when receiving calls.

I have tried setup many times, re-pairing device, turn off/on, and resetting the device to default settings.

Does anyone know of there is a way to fix this issue. I feel like throwing this thing against a wall to see how many pieces it breaks into. :x

Thanks,

sd5187
07-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Are you sure that the Jawbone is resting on your Jaw? If the little "nub" on the end of the headset is not on your jaw the headset won't function properly.

memogogi
01-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi,

Did you solve your problem? how did you do it? I have the same problem, the other person can't hear me but I hear him well, and when a push the talk botton for a while, then the other person can hear me but i can't hear him.

Any suggestions?