PDA

View Full Version : not able to send email from blackberry

clobbershopper
01-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi All,
I'm not able to send emails from my blackberry as they have a red x next to them. when i compose a new message i can find the persons name using the lookup function. I get all my outlook mail on the device ok, so I think communications are ok. The data only policy is setup on the bes server agains my account. In general options on the device i have changed it to "hide filed messages" and "hide sent messages" to yes. In email reconciliation menu, changed the "delete on" option to "mailbox and handheld". Any help would be great.

aiharkness
01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Sounds to me more like a BES question, and you are less likely to get an answer here in a general forum. Also, have you talked to your IT people?

jsconyers
01-23-2008, 11:33 AM
When you open up the message with the red X, what does it say next to status?

paulbblc
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I would contact your BlackBerry support in your office. Seen this same problem, it was an issue with one of the BES servers.

BBHorrigan
01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Could be a corrupt service book, could also be a permissions issue, contact your local BES admin.

laa82
01-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi All,
I'm not able to send emails from my blackberry as they have a red x next to them. when i compose a new message i can find the persons name using the lookup function. I get all my outlook mail on the device ok, so I think communications are ok. The data only policy is setup on the bes server agains my account. In general options on the device i have changed it to "hide filed messages" and "hide sent messages" to yes. In email reconciliation menu, changed the "delete on" option to "mailbox and handheld". Any help would be great.

have u been using a different phone before u put ur sim card in this phone..... i have had the same problem ur sim card could be reading a old phones pin number.