PDA

View Full Version : 8800R.. Blackberry Messenger Name duplicates and pins are all wrong!! HELP HELP!!!

Hybrid-JD
01-24-2008, 12:35 AM
hey everyone.. i've been experiencing a problem with my blackberry messenger.. for some reason the names on my contact list interchanges with each others pins. So say for example, i would have someone by the name of "Mike Wang" on my list.. but when they message me, its acutally someone else from my list. And then at times... i would have dupliate of the same person on my list.. so there would be 2 Mike Wangs at times.

I've tried doing a reinstall and firmware upgrade and it still goes back to doing the same thing... and after i do a full back up restore.. things go back to normal for abit. and then it screws up again. So now i dont even know who i'm really talking too until i ask them who they are. Cause the names dont even match with the pins..

PLEASE HELP!!

thanks

Jimmy

John Clark
01-24-2008, 12:53 AM
I would delete all your contacts, and re-add them. Make sure you have their pins and put them in your address book. Then add the contacts back via pin.

Hybrid-JD
01-24-2008, 12:58 AM
do you think its a firmware error? or could it just be something wrong with my blackberrry?

John Clark
01-24-2008, 01:01 AM
There are bugs in BBMessenger. I've seen this before. Just delete all the contacts (that will delete you from your buddy's contact list, too) and then reboot the device. Then add your contacts back using PIN (not email.)

Hybrid-JD
01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
i'm gonna try that now.. hopefully it works.

ronag
02-09-2009, 11:11 PM
I have the same problem...and I've tried the suggestions posted here, but over time, various contacts just duplicate themselves!!

I have noticed that some of the duplicates are because the person changed devices, and other times, just random duplication. With regards to the person who changed devices, it is my understanding that the person with the new device needs to send a message to his/her contacts (even something as simple as "hi"), and in the background it will update the PIN info.

Generally speaking this works "most" of the time, but there are times where I end up with two of the same contact.

I have not experienced the problem where I don't know who I'm chatting with....if I PIN the dead contact, the message wont deliver...but I've not experienced the crossing up of contacts