PDA

View Full Version : How to swtch between EDGE and WIFI?

Matt Cowboy
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
hello, I have got a 8820 and found the wifi very useful. However one annoying thing is i can't figure out a way to switch btw edge and wifi and I have to bookmark a same page in both wifi and edge modes. I also have a Nokia N95 8G and I can select the way I browse when I start the browser. Is there any easy way to switch in BB8820 just like n95? Thank you.

Sith_Apprentice
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
options > mobile network > wifi preferred. when you are in wifi mode you will use wifi, if no wifi is available it will automatically switch back

Matt Cowboy
01-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks, but I have already set the option that way, but when I browse the bookmarks what ever under Monternet(China Mobile) it will automatic switch to EDGE. Can I pick up the way I prefer before I browse without duplicate all bookmarks?

Matt Cowboy
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
And also if Im not in a wifi zone when I pickup something in the browser goto, I got a reply saying:this is a wifi service. Please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try again. Gosh, isn't it just that smart or do I need to do something to make it smartly select the network available? Someone help!