PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a software can transfer Apps from one BB to other one

johnnytao
01-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Deal all:

Anyone know any software can support migration installed Application from one BB to other one?

Any suggest ?

Thanks

Thatzmister2u
01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
If it's the same model you can just do a backup and restore via the DeskTop Manager I beleive.

If you are switching models it wont work for sure. Some programs are device specific.

JSanders
01-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Mr Tao, read this link...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/91912-how-backup-restore-all-installed-3rd-party-apps.html

johnnytao
01-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Dear all:

Thanks a lot for your reply!

hudres
01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
The easiest way to move 3rd party apps is to use the Desktop Manager's Switch Device Wizard. I had to do this recently and was amazed by how well the Wizard handled the job. It did the backup, the transfer of the OS, the transfer of the apps and then the transfer of the data. It got about 50% of the registration keys. I run over 20 3rd party apps so this was a real time-saver. Make sure that you both backup and synchronize the BB before using the wizard. Be aware that it took me a very long time, well over an hour. it doesn't matter if the phones are the same model. 73