PDA

View Full Version : Number recognition - international number

pushkin-loc
01-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi,

all numbers in my address book are stored in internationl format "+49 xxxx" etc. Wenn I am in my home network and get a call the name of the calling person is identified and displayed perfectly.

However if I am e.g. in Sweden the local network provider submits all numbers as "0049 xxx" which causes the BB not to recognize the number from the address book and not to show the name of the calling person.

So far I played a bit with the smart dialing settings but feel this won't help in this case. Any ideas or solution to the problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sebastian

JSanders
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
First, welcome to the Forums.

If you have Smart Dialing set correctly, there is nothing more you can do--as long as you have it set right.
My Caller ID name/number do not show when I get a call or SMS - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/My_Caller_ID_name/number_do_not_show_when_I_get_a_call_or_SMS)

pushkin-loc
02-13-2008, 04:51 AM
too bad - was hoping somebody knows about a software update or so... it used to work with my old blackberry and also it works with other mobiles...

tried to play with samrt dialing again but doesn't help as there is no option to make it understanding that 0049 is the same country code as +49 for instance... :(

Still hoping for software update or so..

Cheers

a.petrov
02-29-2008, 06:46 AM
join the club :-(
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/119913-caller-id-no-address-book-name-only-number.html

frovelli
05-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Patarix:

I have the same problem when dialing from the U.S. to italy, it automatically drops the 0 after the 39 country code, although it is necessary for italian calls to go through. The older pearl software cdid not have this issue, so if you have a pearl you could go back...
but now both my curve and newer pearl have it...
by the way, i tried with smart dialing to change the country code to 39, and it still drops the 0 in my case...

if somebody has a solution...
thanks
felix

a.petrov
06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
only RIM can help us :-( imho