PDA

View Full Version : MMS Help

mcsphog
01-26-2008, 03:53 AM
Bought a previous companies BB-8800 of ebay, unlocked it and installed the blank policy.bin posted on site to edit certain areas. Wiped phone and installed the latest AT&T device software. Phone works great, but the firewall enable/Disable still has a little red lock next to it and I cannot get it to disable. I also can send/receive SMS messages, but nothing when it comes to MMS messages. Wife and I are on a family plan and she can receive MMS messages on her older "standard" phone. Any ideas why I cannot receive MMS messages and there are no MMS listing anywhere in the menus. Can a enabled firewall stop MMS. I also cannot do anything in regards to browser/internet. Any help would be appreciated. I have been surfing and playing with this for hours..........Thanks......

ezrunner
01-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Do you have a blackberry data plan? If not you will not be able to send or receive mms.

mcsphog
01-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Only difference I can find is that her phone is the primary and we are on the plan. She has Media pay per unit and Mulimedia pay per unit. I have Media pay per unit and 200 Messaging add-on, but do not see multimedia pay per unit.

mcsphog
01-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Wonder if it could be because I do not have a camera on the 8800. All other phones we have on the plan, have cameras and receive MMS.

NJBlackBerry
01-26-2008, 02:37 PM
See post #2 please.