PDA

View Full Version : I Can't synch to outlook on my 8310 curve

cpenney
01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Is there anyone synchronizing to Outlook 2007 on Vista using desktop manager (Internet Services)?

I got my 8310 over a week ago from Rogers (Canada). I run Outlook 2007 on a windows vista PC. I originally installed the desktop manager from the CD that came with the phone, selecting Internet Services. When I went to configure synchronization for contacts & calendar there was no Outlook option, just ascii or yahoo.

I called Rogers, they told me to use the new 4.3 desktop manager because it supports Vista. I did that, same reaction although the desktop manager seemed to go through some searching before it displayed just the ascii or yahoo options.
I called Rogers, they said to go to the version 4.2.2 sp2 - did that same response. Called Rogers again this time they said for Vista I had to use 4.3.

My workaround right now is to use the ascii option, but it is cumbersome as I have to export from outlook first - and it doesnt synch all the info I want.

I have no idea what the issue is - I previously synched my outlook to a Palm 700W.

I appreciate any help with this.

Dubdub
01-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Use DM 4.2 SP2

Andrew W Scott
01-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm in Australia so things may be a little different, but I'm syncing my 8310 to Outlook 2007 using the desktop manager.

I have had no problem at all, the Outlook option was there. I used the software that came on the CD that came with the Vodafone branded phone which I bought from Sydney Airport on 15 November 2007.

Maybe you need newer software?

cpenney
01-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Andrew are you running vista on your pc?

Andrew W Scott
01-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Andrew are you running vista on your pc?

yes, unfortunately. I hate Vista, but there you go I have it.

aiharkness
01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
That's strange, because I see all the other PIM options (Lotus, etc) even though none are installed on my computer, including Outlook, which is. But you see only yahoo and ascii options. Weird. Granted I'm on XP, but strange you only see yahoo and ascii options.

When you installed Desktop Manager, did you right click on the installer and select run as adminstrator or install as adminstrator, or whatever the selection is called? That's the only idea that occurs to me.

Dubdub
01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Did you click Redirector during the set up process by any chance?

cpenney
01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Did you click Redirector during the set up process by any chance?

No I am positive I didn't, I have installed the software a few times and never selected redirector.

cpenney
01-31-2008, 08:10 PM
That's strange, because I see all the other PIM options (Lotus, etc) even though none are installed on my computer, including Outlook, which is. But you see only yahoo and ascii options. Weird. Granted I'm on XP, but strange you only see yahoo and ascii options.

When you installed Desktop Manager, did you right click on the installer and select run as adminstrator or install as adminstrator, or whatever the selection is called? That's the only idea that occurs to me.

I tried this but there is no time during the install where it will accept my right click.

cpenney
01-31-2008, 08:19 PM
I have a 2 part question:

1. Should the desktop manager show synchronization option for outlook even if I didn't have outlook on my pc? I do have outlook 2007 installed on my computer, but the only options it shows are for ascii and yahoo. Should it be showing other options also?

2. How does desktop manager look for outlook? does it search for pst files? Or does it access some outlook file to find what pst file to use? or does it check to see if outlook is installed?

I am trying to figure out what my problem is and there isnt any information I can find that is helping. I have synched outlook previously to my palm700w.

thanks.

takeshi
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you need to have Outlook installed. DM will look for a MAPI profile, IIRC.