PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, Going Crazy! Blkberry Service In China

Noah F
01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
PLEEEEASE HELP!

I live in Guangzhou, China

I activated the internet on my cell phone the other day. I had a chinese speaker tell them to activate my internet service.

Now Im completely lost, it shows I have a pin number when i try to set up my email (enterprise activation)...But on the bottom it says Status" service not activated!

Im going crazy, please how to I get this set up on my blkberry 8800!

JSanders
01-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you have BlackBerry Enterprise Service or BIS-BlackBerry Internet Service? If your service is personal, not corporate, it is likely you are BIS. Does your Chinese carrier have a BB Data Plan?

Where'd you purchase the BB, new or used?

Noah F
01-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Hello!

I bought my blkberry 8800 new in HONG KONG....

Had my girlfriend set up the internet through CHINA Mobile...40RMB a month for 300MB....So China mobile said my internet is on...anyways, I get that same message...Im lost and have NO CLUE how to go about this...When i went to China mobile with her to ask them questions they just said send the messages to activate the internet...PLEASE HELP!

Noah F
01-27-2008, 09:48 AM
And too be honest I have no clue what I have? Im a consumer, nothin corporate... but again I have no idea about going about this, Ive never had a blackberry before! Please help!

FF2
01-27-2008, 09:59 AM
And too be honest I have no clue what I have? Im a consumer, nothin corporate... but again I have no idea about going about this, Ive never had a blackberry before! Please help!

The other day, someone mentioned going to OPTIONS, Advanced Options, HostRouting, Press Menu and select REGISTER. That helped me when I lost the Internet (but I did have it initiallY)

Noah F
01-27-2008, 10:24 AM
So i sent registration, said registration sent, then what? I just wait?

Thanks for the help

seriously, ive been tryin shit out for 5 hrs now and want to break the g**** thing!

aiharkness
01-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Noah, one of the questions JSanders asked is important. Did you purchase a blackberry data plan, or is it just a generic carrier's data plan for a phone? If it is not a blackberry data plan, you will not get the BIS servies like browser and internet email. That could be your problem.

Also, you need to be more descriptive about what you are doing, where, and what is giving what error.

Noah F
01-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I didnt purchase a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN, just the generic service offered by China Mobile....They do sell Blackberry's in China now, but the China mobile rep said that the internet service is the same for all phones...

The message I get when I go to the browser is...your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. "Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"...

Also, the only way I even find the browser is when I go to "switch applications"....

Please help guys, I guess tomorrow Ill have a friend call China Mobile to see if they even offer a Blackberry Data Plan...

Also when I look on google I find stuff about going to advanced options, and entering Cmnet for the APN, under the TCP, and leavin the Username and password blank..

aiharkness
01-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

See

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_use_BlackBerry_on_Generic_Data_Plan

And

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/General_BIS_FAQ

Noah F
01-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks alot for the info!

Ive tried to download Opera Mini 4, and have try to re download it many times. It is a zipped file, and when I try to unzip it, it doesnt work.

Also, ive tried to put it directly into my phone and I get a message that it isnt an application etc....

Now Im almost there man! Please help! you've helped so much already understanding this stuff!

Thanks

Noah F
01-27-2008, 10:07 PM
If it helps, the file when it goes to winzip is a COD file after I download it. It doesnt let me open it in winzip.

JSanders
01-27-2008, 10:31 PM
ok, Noah, please watch the language.

You do need to know more about what you have, such as the BB Data Plan.

Have you read this?
BlackBerry - New Products - Our Products - Brand & Products - China Mobile (http://www.chinamobile.com/en/mainland/products/newproducts02.html)

Noah F
01-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Sorry bout the language...I dont have a BB plan, just the normal internet service with China Mobile...once i can get Opera on my phone, I think Ill be fine, but it comes up as a COD file and does un-zip so it doesnt allow me to put it on my blackberry through the application loader

JSanders
01-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Yep, you must have the ALX and COD file from the zipped file. Both should be in there.

Noah F
01-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Yep, you must have the ALX and COD file from the zipped file. Both should be in there.

What do u mean they both should be there?

It wont let me put it on my blkberry through application loader? says it isnt an application...do u have messenger so possibly u can guide me through this?

JSanders
01-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Are you getting an error message when you run Application Loader that says, "No additional applications designed for your device were found"?

Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Application_Loader_Error)

Noah F
01-27-2008, 11:55 PM
This is what is what it says when I first try to load the application option....
"The blackberry software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer"

and then when I try and press add, the COD opera file doesnt come up under applications, and when I go find it under "all files" it then says error in application...

Noah F
01-27-2008, 11:59 PM
okay, maybe were getting somewhere...Now im gonna download the OS for China Mobile...my OS was prob for HONG KONG since my phone was bought there.....Now does it matter that the OS says the language is Chinese, and no option for english?

I cannot read chinese fyi, but my gf obviously can

JSanders
01-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Yes, just as I posted above... load the handheld device that is on your BB to your PC. You should download the exact version which is on your BB now, indicated at Options > About, the line that starts with a "v.4."

What is there?

BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads)

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:02 AM
We apologize but your IP comes from a country which does not permit downloading of our software. For further information or assistance, please contact webmaster@<hidden>.

Thats what I get when I try to download the China Mobile OS

JSanders
01-28-2008, 12:03 AM
MAKE CERTAIN you follow these directions to load the OS...

taking special note of the section to delete the vendor.xml file...

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F)

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Im a really dumby man...how do i put the thing from my blackberry to my computer?

JSanders
01-28-2008, 12:08 AM
You download from a carrier website or RIM... not from your BB. That is not possible.

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Im following the instructions but cant even download the program because i get that message....We apologize but your IP comes from a country which does not permit downloading of our software. For further information or assistance, please contact webmaster@<hidden>.

JSanders
01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Try another carrier... like the HongKong. There are many for the 8800.
like this one...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/103579-latest-8800-os-telkomcel-indonesia-4-2-1-179-4-2-1-108-chinese-english.html

If you can't download from any of them, you may have a problem.

John Clark
01-28-2008, 12:25 AM
The OS's are not allowed for download to China IP's.

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:27 AM
No matter what I try to download it gives me this same message....We apologize but your IP comes from a country which does not permit downloading of our software. For further information or assistance, please contact webmaster@<hidden>.

JSanders
01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
^^Well John has the answer for that... ^^

I don't know what to tell you at this point. Call your carrier for the BB Data Plan will be the best alternative, I believe.

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Well thank u very much everyone....

ONE MORE thing...is it possible for someone to just email me the application? that way I by pass the firewall or whatever?

Please help! Im going absolutely nutzzzzzzzzzzzz

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:40 AM
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting (http://rs102.rapidshare.com/files/68406007/8800C_PBr4_1_.2.1_rel179_PL2.3.0.85_A4.2.1.108_Telkomsel.exe)

Someone uploaded this on another site for a Chinese guy....I used google translation to find it...

Now is this what I should be downloading? because it is working but the download will take a long time?

Also should i have my blackberry plugged into my computer while doing this, etc?

Im a complete NOOB, sorry for the utter stupidity!

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Sorry, the link I put doesnt show anything unless u download it...so anyhow what Im downloading is.....8800C>PBr4_1.2.1_rel...2.1.108_telkomsel.exe

JSanders
01-28-2008, 12:44 AM
yes, that OS shoud do just fine.

Follow the directions i already gave you a few posts back:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/103579-latest-8800-os-telkomcel-indonesia-4-2-1-179-4-2-1-108-chinese-english.html

Exactly as posted and written.

Noah F
01-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks everyone and JSandars...

So I dont need to have the BLKberry plugged in until it is done downloading correct?

Also, when I delete the file as stated, that wont show up until the download is over, correct?

I HOPE THIS WORKS!:shock:

JSanders
01-28-2008, 12:57 AM
yes, don't plug up the BB yet, until downloaded, installed the the vendor file is deleted.

monkeypaw
01-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Well thank u very much everyone....

ONE MORE thing...is it possible for someone to just email me the application? that way I by pass the firewall or whatever?

Please help! Im going absolutely nutzzzzzzzzzzzz

One idea for Opera Mini if you can't get the OS software:

At the operamini.com website if you do not select the phone model, but instead pick the download to PC option and click the link to the generic version and advanced, there are two files available to download:

opera-mini-advanced.jad
opera-mini-advanced.jar

You might be able to put those onto the phone and get them to work. I tried it and it went through the process of overwriting my other version of Opera.

To open them after they're on the phone, go to media, then hit the BB option key and click "Explore". Then find the files and open one. One gave an error when trying to "download" but the other one completed the installation.

It appears to be a slightly different version, but works for me. Just need the APN setting to be the right one.

Noah F
01-28-2008, 03:19 AM
To the poster above...U saved me...I have Opera Mini 3 on my phone and am actually checking my internet!?!?!?!?!

Now Im still downloading this huge file that I described before...now will this allow me to put 4.0 on my phone? is it that much faster?

How was I able to put 3.0 (generic version) and not 4.0?

Still VERY confused...BUT very excited!

Thank you...

Also my plan is 40 RMB (about 5 dollars or so)...and I get 300 MB per month...now is this alot, a little? I dont understand

Noah F
01-28-2008, 03:22 AM
When I go to myspace page and other pages, it is not English....nor chinese...Some european language.

Noah F
01-28-2008, 03:31 AM
how do i get my AIM instant messenger on here and can i keep it on all the time?

monkeypaw
01-28-2008, 03:45 AM
When I go to myspace page and other pages, it is not English....nor chinese...Some european language.

There's 2 generic browser options the "advanced" one was 4.0 for me. Did you pick the basic one?

On the language, perhaps you have a different version. There's a pull down to select the language which may or may not be affected by whatever firewalls and things you may be behind. Try this page:

http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/generic/generic_advanced_midp_2/

Oh I just noticed that it changes the last 2 letters on the end for the version so that opera-mini-advanced-us.jad is US English. opera-mini-advanced-fi.jad is Finnish. -ru is Russian, etc.

littlemin
01-28-2008, 05:00 AM
NoaF, sorry I'm a noob too so can't really be helpful as others.

However, I called China Mobile today (I'm in SH) because I'm also interested in getting a BB here but was told that the data plan is currently being offered to corporations only and not individuals. I'm thinking of getting a Blackberry Pearl from HK and maybe sign up with HKCSL but I think its quite expensive ($100+ for free data roaming in China)

I hear China Mobile will roll out the data plan anytime now....!

Noah F
01-28-2008, 08:52 PM
hey all....So I do have the internet on my phone now, but I follow the JSanders instructions with installin the new software so I can get Opera 4...Anyhow, It upgraded, but it only took like one minute, and everything seems exactly the same as the one I had before...

So how can I get opera 4 on it?

And is opera 4 that much better where I should be going through the trouble? please behonest?

Littlemin, I think if u figure out the opera thing like I did, I dont think it even costs any money...Its cool, but I dont see what all the fuss about blkberrys are...

Also, u play poker at all? noob is a poka word

littlemin
01-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Noa, but if you only get the non-blackberry data plan through China Mobile ( I think I have it too on my regular phone, free 10 MB every month) it won't have push e-mail right? What about gmail?

It kinda loses the whole point of getting a blackberry.

monkeypaw
01-29-2008, 12:32 AM
hey all....So I do have the internet on my phone now, but I follow the JSanders instructions with installin the new software so I can get Opera 4...Anyhow, It upgraded, but it only took like one minute, and everything seems exactly the same as the one I had before...

So how can I get opera 4 on it?

And is opera 4 that much better where I should be going through the trouble? please behonest?

Littlemin, I think if u figure out the opera thing like I did, I dont think it even costs any money...Its cool, but I dont see what all the fuss about blkberrys are...

Also, u play poker at all? noob is a poka word

Did you try this link to download a different version to your pc?
http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/generic/generic_advanced_midp_2/

There is a pull down for the language setting. The advanced one was v 4.0 when I installed it. I think you download the Basic version instead which is v 3.0.

Noah F
02-01-2008, 05:03 AM
The gps feature on my phone doesnt work? Is it because Im in China? maybe because I dont have the blackberry data plan and just use the regular internet?

Also, since I dont have a BB plan, i cant be alerted I have an email on hotmail? is that correct?

Also, is opera 4 that much better then 3 that I should look into resolving the issue with putting opera 4 on?

Any help is appreciated?