PDA

View Full Version : Syncing issue

ifilestuff
01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I use Airset, an online calendar. I want the info in my airset calendar to sync with my blackberry 8830. The only way I can do that currently is to sync airset to outlook and then sync outlook to the blackberry. However, I don't even use outlook. I have the teachers and student version of microsoft office, which used to come with outlook, but doesn't anymore. So I would have to purchase the free standing version which is about $110 - right now I am using the free trial version. Considering I don't use outlook for email, tasks, calendar or contacts, that seems like a waste. Not to mention I don't need all of that memory hogging stuff on my computer.

Airset can export calenders as an ics file, however I am not sure if the blackberry can import that type of file.

So what I need is something, a third party software application perhaps, that will sync airset with blackberry. Something other than outlook.

theBorg
01-27-2008, 10:45 PM
You could use a free google account's calendar with gCalSync.

ifilestuff
01-28-2008, 08:01 AM
I was trying to avoid switching over from airset to google calendar, but it is definitely an option. Airset is just so great, and my husband knows how to use it, which is no small feat. Teaching him to use another calendar program - ugh.