PDA

View Full Version : Need help with OS installation

chrisxxx
01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
i know this must be part of some rules but I'm begging for help.

pleease please please. i need help trying to intall the newest version of OS for my 8703e, and i followed all the steps in the post above but when i tried downloading the telus OS it said windows could not open the file or whatever type of file it was i downloaded.

but i read all the faqs and did searches and i still could not get it.

please help. i'm a begginer with this but i do know about alot of stuff. and your patience would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Thatzmister2u
01-27-2008, 05:24 PM
i know this must be part of some rules but I'm begging for help.

pleease please please. i need help trying to intall the newest version of OS for my 8703e, and i followed all the steps in the post above but when i tried downloading the telus OS it said windows could not open the file or whatever type of file it was i downloaded.

but i read all the faqs and did searches and i still could not get it.

please help. i'm a begginer with this but i do know about alot of stuff. and your patience would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

If you have saved it to your PC did you install the Desktop Manger? After you have downloaded it and connected your phone to the PC, then click the application loader and you will be prompted for the upgrade process. If you do not have the Desktop Manager look here:

BlackBerry Desktop Manager Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Desktop_Manager_Downloads)

Good luck!

E-

chrisxxx
01-27-2008, 05:50 PM
HOLY ****!!!!!

dude!!! have my babies!!!!!
ahhhhh i freakin downloaded the handheld software like 5 times trying to see why it wouldnt 'run' and i was soo confused. then i uninstalled and then installed the desktop software like 2 to try and see the problem.

crap that makes sooo much sense.

well since you cant open up the file, how do you delete the vendor id?

JSanders
01-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Chris, on the OS file you download, doubleclick on the exe file, and it will go through an install process like any PC software application.

Once it is installed, find the vendor file as directed, in the folder as directed.

chrisxxx
01-27-2008, 07:32 PM
bro. thanks soooo much for the speedy replys. i really really appreciate it.
and thanks for being patient with me.

heres the deal man. when i first download the os software, when i clicked on it but it didnt run, it said windows couldnt open it and it gave me the option to open it with another program. so i tryed to open it up with notepad and it came up as jibberish, so now the one i recently dl'ed automatically opens as a notepad document.

John Clark
01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Edited your thread title. ;-)

tsac
01-27-2008, 08:39 PM
bro. thanks soooo much for the speedy replys. i really really appreciate it.
and thanks for being patient with me.

heres the deal man. when i first download the os software, when i clicked on it but it didnt run, it said windows couldnt open it and it gave me the option to open it with another program. so i tryed to open it up with notepad and it came up as jibberish, so now the one i recently dl'ed automatically opens as a notepad document.

You must have set the file type in windows to open as a notepad file.
open file explorer
find the file you are using
right mouse click on the file
properties
look for "opens with"
change it to an exe file type

this will allow you to run the file and hopfully install the software.

Good Luck

penguin3107
01-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Edited your thread title. ;-)

Thank you. ;-)

chrisxxx
01-28-2008, 12:25 AM
You must have set the file type in windows to open as a notepad file.
open file explorer
find the file you are using
right mouse click on the file
properties
look for "opens with"
change it to an exe file type

this will allow you to run the file and hopfully install the software.

Good Luck

thanks alot mayne!
youre the greatest.