PDA

View Full Version : Missing Pictures on my MicroSD card

DeadRinga
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before... i did a few quick searches and didn't find it. I have a bunch of pictures on my MicroSD card and i could always see them from the BB's internal media player, but for some reason i can only see 6 or so of them now when opening up the pictures part of the media player. I can still see and view all the pictures when opening up the files off of the microSD card... anyone get this before?

SheepDog
01-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I didnt take them honest.

You might want to ask JS however. He has a sneaky avatar!

Thatzmister2u
01-29-2008, 05:36 PM
While you are waiting for JS. Why don't you try a hard reset. Battery Pull while the device is on and then try accessing.

E-

DeadRinga
01-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I tried the hard reset to no avail. It's weird because when i turn on Mass Storage Mode so my PC can see the card... they're all there. One thing i did recently was remove the builtin wallpapers... would that have anything to do with it?

DeadRinga
01-31-2008, 10:10 AM
I figured it out. Apparently when i had installed xplayer it created a music subfolder under pictures which kept album covers... i uninstalled xplayer and manually deleted the music folder. but for some reason the folder still showed up in media player. I noticed this and on a whim recreated the music subfolder and all my pictures reappeared... but now i have 2 music subfolders showing up in media player. weird.

LeeRo
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I've had this problem a few times now with my 8300. When I connect my BB to the computer and browse to the BB's pictures folder and I go and organize the pictures I seem to screw it up.

Typically I will rename pictures and create subfolders etc. while I am organizing. Everything is AOK through the computer, but when I disconnect and go back to the folder through the BB, the pictures and subfolders are not visible. When I reconnect to the PC, there they are. It seems as though the files are acquiring attributes from the Vista O/S that the BB O/S is choking on.

I've also had problems with the IMG00~ file names where the picture and the thumbnail are not pointing to the same file. I think last time I went through the computer and renamed all the files and eventually they re-appeared leaving me to believe that one file name was choking the BB O/S. This time (today) though I did that and no luck. Maybe I'll remove the folder I just created and put the pictures back somewhere else.

I know I have also re-formatted the card to get it to work right, but this time I have over a GB of music I dont want to have to copy off. (The Music and Videos are not affected and accessible from both the BB and the computer).

If anyone has advice on what not to do while organizing the media card from a connected computer, please point me towards it.

Cheers for now.

Robert

LeeRo
02-27-2008, 12:30 PM
OK not sure why this came up this time, but here are the details.

I was going to connect back to the computer to remove my new folder I created earlier, but when I connected to the computer, VISTA popped up a dialoque box asking me to "Scan and Fix" the drive. I said OK and left the "automatically fix" check box on. It then did a quick scan and fixed errors. The details are here (attached).

The problem was the long folder entries for the items. If you can see the attachment, you can see what I mean.

Not sure exactly how I will prevent this when re-organizing next time, but at least I know what is happening.

Cheers again!

Robert