PDA

View Full Version : Camera displays thermal looking & saves invalid files

RogersJoel
01-30-2008, 12:51 AM
OK my idiot friend picked me up and i dropped my phone. Itwasn't that hard but now the camera displays a thermal looking image in the viewfinder.... kinda purpley..... and then if you take a picture with the messed up looking picture it snaps a pic but doesn't display it and also saves it as an un-openable file???
Any thoughts?

JSanders
01-30-2008, 12:56 AM
I would first remove the battery on the BB (while it is powered on), wait a minute, replace and reboot.

Any luck?

RogersJoel
01-30-2008, 01:26 AM
yeah no, i tried that then tried backing up and wiping, that didn't work. So now i wonder if it is a hardware thing and if i should look into if i can just buy a new camera part. I bought it out of the states from ebay so i am sure i can't return it.... since i am not a at&t customer

livinginx
01-30-2008, 02:46 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I used to sell cameras, but now I sell and repair phones. Sounds like either the camera sensor is bad or (I haven't opened and BB with a camera in it) there might be a loose connection.

Nikon had a bunch of their cameras go bad because of some Sony sensors with a short life span. Usually displayed a green image.

AntonyR
01-30-2008, 04:25 AM
I had the same issue with my last phone brand new from t mobile. They switched it out for me but I dont know about your situation.

Mine would save the photos with a red X on it

RogersJoel
02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
yeah mine is doing exactly that. But i bought it from a guy on ebay so and i am in canada :(

greggebhardt
02-14-2008, 03:33 PM
OK my idiot friend picked me up and i dropped my phone. Itwasn't that hard but now the camera displays a thermal looking image in the viewfinder.... kinda purpley..... and then if you take a picture with the messed up looking picture it snaps a pic but doesn't display it and also saves it as an un-openable file???
Any thoughts?

My thoughts
I think it was broken when you dropped it!

If a battery pull did not fix it, it is broken for sure!

If not under warranty, that is bad.

Thatzmister2u
02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Have you removed and cleaned the battery cover lens???? I have seen the weird looking pics before and it's always been dirt, lint or a smudge on the battery cover lens for the cover...

E-

mike_187
02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
that happened to mine too, ive even replaced the camera and it didn't fix the issue, so its deff some bigger hardware issue which sucks.