PDA

View Full Version : General Newbie Q's

hongman
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi all

Just got my 8310 and the documentation that comes with is leaves much to be desired :(

Was hoping I could get a few quickfire answers:

1) Is there anyway I can flag messages I have read, so when I return to my Outlook I know what I need to action?

2) I have changed my theme on the 8310, how can I change the defaukt Icons displayed? Right not I have Messages, Call Logs, Calendar and Application. I want to replace Call Logs with Contacts.

3) How do I disable the VoiceDial button, I never use it and I keep pressing it by mistake :x

Thats it for now :) Thanks in advance.

Hong

Dubdub
01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
1st stop - Read the FAQ. That should help.

hongman
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Yep, I read that, and I cant find the answers to my questions...so either that are not there or I fail more than I realise (watch someone now prove me to be the latter)...

On a seperate note, how big is the Blackberry customisation scene? I read in places about changing the trackball LED colour and stuff...a point in the right direction?

Many thanks

Dubdub
01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
BB's are basically hack proof. Security is one of its primary features. On the 8100 you can change the color of the trackball LEDs, but that is the only device you can do that. Only way to change them now is to color it with a Sharpie. If you are looking for 3rd party apps, check Handango.com or the rim website.

You can hide and/or move icons that you don't want to see. Instructions for that are in the User Guide.

Don't think you can flag messages. Might be able to if you are on BES, but I don't think that is possible either.