PDA

View Full Version : Stuck volume buttons

Xaneth
01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Just an FYI. I'm using the latest current build for the Curve 8310, Latest 8310 OS: Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte Ltd v4.2.2.338 / 4.2.2.184 (Chinese). I had my headset that came with my Curve plugged in, listening to music one morning, and when I pulled it out, I tried answering an incoming call. It sounded like a lot of clicking, and I was unable to use the handset to speak. I tried it with the headset plugged in, and all was good. Upon further investigation, I noticed that when trying to place a call, my volume was jumping up and down. I did a hard reset (battery pull) which didn't fix it. I was about to have it replaced (AT&T has only a 30 day warranty), and thank God, but I didn't have to. I backed up, performed a "wipe handheld", keeping the third party apps, and restored my data. All was good after that. Weird.

BryanHarig
01-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Glad the OS reinstall fixed it. RIM makes it very easy to upgrade, repair and change OS's while preserving your data.

Xaneth
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
I didn't have to reload the OS, just had to wipe the handheld and restore my data from a backup. Yes, it is nice to have all the options to reload for sure!

invisik
07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
The exact same problem started happening to me this week on my Tmo Curve. I removed battery with no luck. I will do a wipe and see if that cures it. Can barely use the phone!!

Thanks for the info.

-m

Ace626
07-04-2008, 04:32 AM
I have the same exact problem as you!
Is there any way i can do what you did without a usb cable?