PDA

View Full Version : Stopped receiving push email

adorableone
01-31-2008, 12:24 PM
I haven't received any email pushed to my phone since this past weekend. I have four email accounts on my BIS, and after my main gmail account stopped working the other other 3 accounts have ceased as well.

I have had problems with gmail being pushed anywhere from 30 mins to 5 hours. But I see that is beyond mt control. I've already deleted the accounts and set them up again in hopes it would work. But nope.

I'm really hesitant to call ATT customer service, as last time I spent over an hour with some guy from sri lanka and couldn't understand a word he said. (I finally figured out the problem on my own) But I'm really stumped and thought some of you might have the answer.

Helmdawg
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Did you resend your service books and register with the network??

Thatzmister2u
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
(y) What he said. If you need more instructions read the following step by step link:

My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/My_Email_Stopped_Arriving)

You will have your email back in no time without having to hassle with the carrier! :)

Good Luck!

E-

MrKyoo
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Gmail has been flacky, for me at least, for the past month. Sometimes it's instant and other times it's hours.

adorableone
02-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.8295/1724; en; U; ssr))

Thanks! Doing a hard reset helped, but I'm still not receiving my gmail accounts. But my exchange email is oddly cooperating.

Thatzmister2u
02-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I have heard of Gmail issues lately. Did you try resending the service books?

E-

mj1045
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Newbie here... I successfully searched the forum and found my problem... Cool! I've had the same/similar problem (twice this week... Wed and Thurs.) where I get an email from BIS saying that I can no longer receive email and that I need to go validate my email account. I have resolved this by validating and then re-sending the Service Books. Does anyone know why this happens? Just curious.

Thanks.

Thatzmister2u
02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Newbie here... I successfully searched the forum and found my problem... Cool! I've had the same/similar problem (twice this week... Wed and Thurs.) where I get an email from BIS saying that I can no longer receive email and that I need to go validate my email account. I have resolved this by validating and then re-sending the Service Books. Does anyone know why this happens? Just curious.

Thanks.

I am guessing it is a work account right? Not Yahoo or Gmail... If it's at work they may be taking the server off-line for backups or maint, and when they do BIS loses the connection and must log back in.

ezrunner
02-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Gmail has been flacky, for me at least, for the past month. Sometimes it's instant and other times it's hours.

X3 Gmail once my preffered has fallen from my favor do to inconsitency. Still using but man hope it gets back to what I have come to expect

mj1045
02-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I am guessing it is a work account right? Not Yahoo or Gmail... If it's at work they may be taking the server off-line for backups or maint, and when they do BIS loses the connection and must log back in.

Yes, It is my work email account. I hadn't thought of that being the culprit. That explains it! Thank you!