PDA

View Full Version : Email with PDF attachments not reaching BB

BlueberriesAreBetter
02-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey everyone, longtime thread leecher first time poster! Love the site and the wealth of information.

Introductions aside I am having an issue with a couple users where an e-mail being sent with a 5Mb PDF attatchment is not being received by thier BB's. Though they do receive the e-mails in Outlook with the attachments. Were connected via Exchange and BES.

Anyone have any ideas or know of any limitations I may not be thinking of? Any info would be helpful.

JSanders
02-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Welcome!

I am not positive about this, I know there is a limit, but I think 5mb could be over the size limit. Could you try a smaller PDF, say 4mb and 3mb and test it?

This is a good time for me to find out also. BES and BIS may have different limitations.

BlueberriesAreBetter
02-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I tried to send a smaller test e-mail yesterday (it was about a 40kb pdf file) which went through to their BB fine and they were allowed to download and view it. I'm sure your right about a limit.

shuman
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
The BES has an option for all attachment size limits. Your BES administrator probably set the limit.