PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a trackball for a Pearl?

btonns
02-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I have been trying to find a trackball for my Pearl locally, but I have had no luck. I have called T Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T, but no one had any. I would prefer finding it local, so I can fix my phone ASAP.

balooberry
02-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I have been trying to find a trackball for my Pearl locally, but I have had no luck. I have called T Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T, but no one had any. I would prefer finding it local, so I can fix my phone ASAP.

i bought mine from here:

BlackBerry 8100/8300/8800 OEM trackball- Alcatel, Dopod/O2, 3G, Motorola, LG, SonyEricsson, Apple, Samsung, Mobiado, Acce (http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-810083008800-trackball-p-1857.html)

i understand you want it asap, but they deliver within a week, best place to buy i rekon, cheapest aswell.

I got mine this morning and i ordered last Monday.

Mortgage_It
02-02-2008, 02:19 PM
the website link above shows the trackball for about $12 but it does not specifically mention it will work on 8130. does anyone know?

also, i saw another website offering a trackball for about $60

seems a big difference, wondering if you get what you pay for? anyone know the differences? are some trackballs aftermarket and some are from RIM?

balooberry
02-03-2008, 08:53 AM
From that website all Trackballs are the same, i checked, as when i ordered i ordered the wrong one, and emailed the company, they told me their all the same.

But the link below is the one for 8130

BlackBerry 8120/8130 OEM trackball- BenQ-Siemens, Nokia, Alcatel, Dopod/O2, BlackBerry, Panasonic, Tools, 3G, NEC, A (http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81208130-trackball-p-2007.html)

DallasFlier
02-03-2008, 11:52 AM
How hard is it to replace the trackball? Do you just carefully snap the chrome ring off and then the trackball will come out without disassembling the Berry, or is it more complicated?

balooberry
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
How hard is it to replace the trackball? Do you just carefully snap the chrome ring off and then the trackball will come out without disassembling the Berry, or is it more complicated?

its very easy to change it, if your buying a new one and replacing,

1. use something small and sharp like a pin, to take the round silver ring off,

2. take the trackball out, which is easy, if you look at the link in the last post, you can see what you need to put in, so that what you take out? if that make sense?:bb: