PDA

View Full Version : Thread sms for the blackberry ?

Tritan
02-02-2008, 10:43 PM
One thing that I really wish bb had to that the palm Treos have and that is threaded sms. i really wish you could have this feature via OS upgrade or 3rd party I don't care but to have mulitple conversations open would be awesome. I tested this on a buddies Treo and it really is nice way to store conversations to pickup on them from time to time.

LunkHead
02-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Ditto.... It's the ONLY thing I miss from my Treo days....

theBorg
02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (7100t: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Google Wireless Transcoder;))

There's an IM app that threads nicely. JiveTalk.

SMS kinda threads tho. Not terribly pretty.

ezrunner
02-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

hmmm maybe one day

About the time lunk gets an 8320 that works

treybon
02-03-2008, 12:44 AM
I don't use SMS myself, but you might try this.

Options>SMS Text

Once there, change the Number of Previous Items to whatever you feel comfortable with. I think that the max is 50.

I showed a co-worker this just yesterday on her Pearl who was complaining about this very thing and looking for a 3rd party app. She came back later and said that it was exactly what she was looking for.

Keep in mind that only messages that have not been deleted from your Messages will be found in the string of text messages.

Disclaimer: I hope I didn't get your hopes up. I'm not familiar with your specific devices, so the options I outlined above, may not available. I carry the 8703e and it is an option on my unit.

TreyBon

Tritan
02-03-2008, 12:50 AM
ok ,
I just wonder if doing it that way is going to take to much room to much memory I mean.

Tritan
02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't use SMS myself, but you might try this.

Options>SMS Text

Once there, change the Number of Previous Items to whatever you feel comfortable with. I think that the max is 50.

I showed a co-worker this just yesterday on her Pearl who was complaining about this very thing and looking for a 3rd party app. She came back later and said that it was exactly what she was looking for.

Keep in mind that only messages that have not been deleted from your Messages will be found in the string of text messages.

Disclaimer: I hope I didn't get your hopes up. I'm not familiar with your specific devices, so the options I outlined above, may not available. I carry the 8703e and it is an option on my unit.

TreyBon

I really just wish a 3rd party would just step up with a option for the bb.