PDA

View Full Version : Calendars

zerog46
02-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Has anyone with a 8120-8130 series BB able to sync multiple calendars with Outlook. I can't get it to work.

red_jude
02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Couldnt get my 8800 to work with Outlook either, too much like hard work. Use Lotus Organizer v 6 and its no problem, easier to use as well, prettier to look at!! Need to install v4.2.2 though it doesnt like v4.3

Dubdub
02-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Outlook is a piece of cake to work with. You have to be doing something wrong, or not have it set up properly.

I think you can sync with more than one calender as long as they are on different PCs. Just remember that all off the data is merged into the BB calendar which will then be transferred/synced with all.

Sith_Apprentice
02-03-2008, 09:00 PM
i think the OP is speaking of multiple personal calendars within outlook. you can create as many as you want, but the main one always syncs

aiharkness
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I hadn't responded yet because I thought the OP was about multiple calendars on the blackberry. If the issue is what Dubdub is referring to, I agree it should be a piece of cake. But that only makes me think there's more to the OP question. So, zero, what are you trying to do?

zerog46
02-03-2008, 09:16 PM
On the O.S. 4.3 every email account you add has a calendar associated with it. If I make an entry in my default calendar it syncs without a problem with Outlook. If I add an entry to my other calendar it does not show up at all in Outlook, but it is still in my BB. It is acctully nice because you can color coordinate work and personal. But I don't want to use it if I can't sync it to Outlook.

Sith_Apprentice
02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
oh, i thought you were going the other way. so you want to back up all your calendar data to one outlook calendar right?

zerog46
02-03-2008, 09:20 PM
One or two it does not matter, They just don't show up if they are not in the default calendar. I do like the idea of being able to seperate them but no if I can't sync.

aiharkness
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
On the O.S. 4.3 every email account you add has a calendar associated with it. If I make an entry in my default calendar it syncs without a problem with Outlook. If I add an entry to my other calendar it does not show up at all in Outlook, but it is still in my BB. It is acctully nice because you can color coordinate work and personal. But I don't want to use it if I can't sync it to Outlook.

That's interesting. I'd be looking for an option to merge the calendars into the "default" calendar. So, I guess there is no such option or setting?

zerog46
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
The only way I can use them is to only have one calendar. I have to many entries not to be able to sync them.

Sith_Apprentice
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
well there is a great app in beta (i know i know i say it all the time) the Blackberry OTA Sync app. Its a closed beta right now but there may be slots left on it. It will sync wirelessly all of your calendar data

zerog46
02-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm not even to concerened about ota,all though it would be nice. Kinda just stinks I can't figure this out, been messing with it for over a week.

Redflea
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
well there is a great app in beta (i know i know i say it all the time) the Blackberry OTA Sync app. Its a closed beta right now but there may be slots left on it. It will sync wirelessly all of your calendar data

Have you tried this, Sith? I haven't, and am happy/surprised to hear that it does that. I'll have to give it a shot.

ryan300x
04-23-2008, 08:03 PM
I have the same problem. I have two laptops with two separate Outlook accounts. I work for one company and am a consultant for another. Each company has its own Outlook server. I just bought the 8120 because my Blackberry curve was buggy. The media player froze up all the time and did not respond well to having a 4GB SD card in it. However, the one thing it did do was bridge the gap between the two laptops. I could sync with one then with the other and end up with both Outlook accounts and the handheld having exactly the same data/appointments.

I guess that was too much to expect from the 8120. It appears that it adds another calender to the handheld so you can view appointments from each place you sync it up.

You can change the color of the appointment of all the different calendars. So for example, all the appointments from machine A are red and all the ones from machine B are blue. But it does not appear that you can merge them all into one. This still results in to duplicates and missing appointments.

Anyone think differently? I should say anyone know of a solution? Probably not because no one answered the above question very well.