PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Bluetooth connection problem

ptfmb71
02-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I own a Pearl and a 8830. I just purchased a Plantronics Discovery 650E headset to use with each phone. I paired it to my Pearl and every time I use it it loses the connection. What is funny is that I paired it to my 8830 and it works fine. Is there anything I can do or should do? I replaced the headset thinking it was just that one, but it still happens.

I read in another thread that it's the OS system the pearl uses...how do I check this?

any help would be appreciated

Walt
02-06-2008, 08:02 AM
I have the same problem with my 8130 Pearl. I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 and a Jawbone and it does it with both. It seems to do it more in the car than at home. My 8793e never lost the bluetooth or my old Nextel 7520.

midrar
02-17-2008, 11:51 PM
I have the same problem with my 8130 Pearl. I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 and a Jawbone and it does it with both. It seems to do it more in the car than at home. My 8793e never lost the bluetooth or my old Nextel 7520.

Try keeping your the bluetooth light indicator on. As funny as this may found, it has worked for me.

VZWBBnewb
02-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I haven't had any problems (yet) with my Voyager 510, but I leave my BT indicator light on as well.

Sith_Apprentice
02-18-2008, 12:32 AM
also if you have encryption turned on, or wind/noise reduction turn, try turning them off and making the device trusted. i have found that with encryption, wind/noise reduction on the devices drop alot more.

brianjking
02-22-2008, 03:52 PM
also if you have encryption turned on, or wind/noise reduction turn, try turning them off and making the device trusted. i have found that with encryption, wind/noise reduction on the devices drop alot more.

The only options on my 8130 with Verizon are to turn security on "high" or "high+ encryption".

Does anyone have any information about what the implications are of installing an updated BB software version? Will I lose all data on my phone? What about the carrier specific services and servers? Will those still function properly and without additional charges?

Thank you, cheers!
-B