PDA

View Full Version : Email reconcilation doesn't work

Manjiri
02-04-2008, 10:45 AM
I know this question has been posted many times in the forum but I did search and couldn't find satisfactory answer. I am using 8703e with DEsktop manager version 4.3. I am using Blackberry Enterprise server with exchange. Whenever I delete message from my Blackberry device even by choosing the option to DELETE FROM HANDHELD AND MAILBOX the message is still there in my OUTlook Inbox . I have to manually delete it. Why does message still appear in Outlook?
On the other way if I delete message from my OUtlook mailbox ( not pernamant delete), on the blackberry I have to select RECONCILE now and only then after 5 minutes messages will get reconciled .
Why does Reconilation doesn't happen automatically ?
I have tried all the option suggested in other threads of Forums but nothing seems to work .

Thanks

takeshi
02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Are you on BES? Is this an Exchange account? Outlook can handle a number of different types of email accounts. Without additional details it's really impossible to say.

x14
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I know this question has been posted many times in the forum but I did search and couldn't find satisfactory answer. I am using 8703e with DEsktop manager version 4.3. I am using Blackberry Enterprise server with exchange. Whenever I delete message from my Blackberry device even by choosing the option to DELETE FROM HANDHELD AND MAILBOX the message is still there in my OUTlook Inbox . I have to manually delete it. Why does message still appear in Outlook?

This depends on the version of BES you are on. On previous version of BES the delete on the handheld did not happen immediately on the server. This would happen at the next reconcilation cycle.

On the other way if I delete message from my OUtlook mailbox ( not pernamant delete), on the blackberry I have to select RECONCILE now and only then after 5 minutes messages will get reconciled .
Why does Reconilation doesn't happen automatically ?

This would depends on how busy the server is. The reconciliation request is sent to the BES for processing but if the server is busy it may take a bit.

You should contact your BES admins on these issues.