PDA

View Full Version : Calendar question -- what's the difference ....?

GadgetGuru72
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I suspect that I am going to feel foolish after I get the answer to this question because I'm sure it's something obvious, but I can't figure it out ....

What is the difference between setting up a multi-day calendar event in these 2 manners:

(1) Checking "all day event" and then selecting a "start" and "end" date that spans the entire event. For example, "Vacation" -- all day event -- start "February 14" -- end "February 28."

versus ...

(2) Checking "all day event" and then matching the "start" and "end" dates, but then doing a recurring appointment. For example, "Vacation" -- all day event -- start "February 14" -- end "February 14" -- recurring "daily" until "February 28."

They both appear to accomplish the exact same thing. Is there ANY difference between the two methods, or are they identical?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this is a lame question.

aiharkness
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think you answered your own question. In your example, the result is the same. However, I suspect if you looked at the database entries you would see the difference exactly according to the difference in the information you provided in the two cases.

GadgetGuru72
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think you answered your own question. In your example, the result is the same. However, I suspect if you looked at the database entries you would see the difference exactly according to the difference in the information you provided in the two cases.

Well, even though they "appear" the same on the calendar, I thought there might be some difference in the way they "behave" or interact with other calendar entries that I might not be seeing at first glance.

aiharkness
02-04-2008, 03:00 PM

I see. I've done it both ways for meetings a conferences at one time or another, and I don't recall anything coming to my attention, or any problems.

wawasteele
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I think I have just figured out a difference. It's with the reminders. If you set it as a recurring event with a reminder, you will receive a reminder for each day. However, if you make it just one event, you will receive just one reminder.

I have been trying that out now for a couple of weeks and think that is correct.

Wanda

aiharkness
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM

I think I have just figured out a difference. It's with the reminders. If you set it as a recurring event with a reminder, you will receive a reminder for each day. However, if you make it just one event, you will receive just one reminder.

I have been trying that out now for a couple of weeks and think that is correct.

Wanda

Ahhh, good point.

GadgetGuru72
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Wanda

Ah ... that makes perfect sense. I knew there had to be something that was different between the two methods.

Thanks.