PDA

View Full Version : Help with my BlackBerry

SpcJohn
02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Hello good morning or where ya'll from good evening/Afternoon. I currently hold in my hand a new BlackBerry 8830. I love this little decive and can't wait to learn how to fully use it.

I have a small problem first. I am currently deployed to Baghdad Iraq right now. I received the phone less then 24 hours ago. Let her charge up for a good 6 hours. I turn it on and first thing I do is call my mother to say hi and thanks for sending me my package and the phone. Worked fine execpt I couldn't receive incomming call's which is weird cause My contract/deal I got was to make and receive call's internationally and nationally for when I get back home.

Now at 1am I tried using my BlackBerry to call back home. Now I get a call fail. Even when trying to call Sprint Support and all.

I haven't done a thing haven't played with any setting's or touch anything I was not suppose to. I finally call home on my laptop and did a three way talk with my mother/Sprint/and I. My sim's card checked out fine and the lady was gonna have a tech team to solve the case. But I would like to know myself how to fix this or whatever instead of feeling I bought a nice heavy paper weight.

JSanders
02-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the Forums, John.

We hope it's not a paperweight.

Have they had you remove the battery with the BB still powered on, replace and reboot?

What does the signal show at the top of the homescreen?

SpcJohn
02-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Thankyou. I hope it's not gonna a paperweight either.

No they haven't but I will try that and I am getting 3-4 bars and current'y connected to Atheer Iraq I assume thats the twoer with the triangle next to it.

Signal is -89 dBm

Hope that help's