PDA

View Full Version : Syncing over VPN? Is it Possible??? HELP

berry8130
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Is there any way to sync your calendar to a remote computer through remote desktop, or a VPN or VNC connection?

Not sure if this is possible, but I figured it might be helpful if this was a possibility.

Anyone know if it is possible to Sync to a machine remotely through a vpn connection or something? My scenario would be computer A in a remote location and computer B with the blackberry hooked up via usb.

Any Tech guys know if this is possible?

takeshi
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I doubt it. Network isn't an option under connections in DM.

You could sync, copy to a PST and attach the PST to the other PC and copy over (assuming you use Outlook).

Thatzmister2u
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Is there any way to sync your calendar to a remote computer through remote desktop, or a VPN or VNC connection?

Not sure if this is possible, but I figured it might be helpful if this was a possibility.

Anyone know if it is possible to Sync to a machine remotely through a vpn connection or something? My scenario would be computer A in a remote location and computer B with the blackberry hooked up via usb.

Any Tech guys know if this is possible?

If you have Desktop Manager installed on the Remote PC (which is connected via VPN) you can synch with the cable. (i.e. Laptop you take home with DM installed and VPN) Connect via VPN and then launch DM.

Not sure if read your question correctly or not.

E-

tsac
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM
That assumes you have full access to the remote pc.

TekGyrl
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I've done it before but it creates way too many anomilies (I suck at spelling) Everything to duplicate entries, to wiping my calandar Outlook server side, to just locking my phone up. You name it it happened. Also it requires you to have full tunnel access thru whatever network Computer A is on and full control over that PC as well.

Oh and another thing depending on what type of Security software your company is running it may disable the Computer A LAN access and send red flags up as a possible security theart when syncing your address book.

I myself gave it up to many lil issue but good luck

berry8130
02-07-2008, 02:02 PM
SO maybe it will work?

Here is my scenario:

Computer A at home running as a server with plain Microsoft Outlook.

Computer B at my office which has full rights and access to Computer A. It is my own office so I can do whatever I want at both ends.

So can I sync my 8130 from Computer B and retrieve Computer A's data either through VPN or a tunnel of some sort?