PDA

View Full Version : BB 8700g unlock, insert sim please help!!

bboy_h
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Hy, i buy from Italy a new BB 8700g, i unlock it , when it tipe MEPD network - disabled, but the sim don't work, i tried 6 different sim and don't work it says " INSERT SIM " when i put the TIM Italy sim - work's , NOW to the IT security .. " No SERVICE " .... what can i doo please help!!

bboy_h
02-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Sombody i need some advice!!!??

John Clark
02-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Sounds like two problems. Not sure why the other sims won't work, though.

To remove IT policy follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/67224-remove-policy.html

bboy_h
02-06-2008, 05:06 AM
it's not working anything else?:idea:

bboy_h
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
anybody have an idea!!help plsz!

crisambo
02-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Please provide more information:
Where are you located?
What carrier is BB from?
What carrier is your SIM? Does SIM work on regular cellphone?
Are your roaming? Do you have roaming feature?
Is Wireless ON?

bboy_h
02-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm from Romania. The blackberry is 8700g, i buy it from Italy from TIM. It was locked , i unlock the phone and doesn't work with no sim.. only with the TIM sim wich came with the phone. YES The TIM sim works in other's phones. The wirles it's on ... .. I use the phone in Italy work perfectly... When i put the ORANGE sim or others sim's in the phone .. it says " Insert SIM" ... sos

i try to reinstal the OS to remove the IT policy and nothing ..

when i reinstal the OS.. I recive ..a welcoome message from TIM .. " wellcome to tim ...etc ..

I speck to the store.. from where I get the phone with the seller and they say They block the phone only for TIM ussers...

crisambo
02-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm from Romania. The blackberry is 8700g, i buy it from Italy from TIM. It was locked , i unlock the phone and doesn't work with no sim.. only with the TIM sim wich came with the phone. YES The TIM sim works in other's phones. The wirles it's on ... .. I use the phone in Italy work perfectly... When i put the ORANGE sim or others sim's in the phone .. it says " Insert SIM" ... sos

i try to reinstal the OS to remove the IT policy and nothing ..

when i reinstal the OS.. I recive ..a welcoome message from TIM .. " wellcome to tim ...etc ..

I speck to the store.. from where I get the phone with the seller and they say They block the phone only for TIM ussers...

Sounds like you don't have a true unlocked device. . .

here's a way to check if your device is carrier-locked or unlocked.

On your BlackBerry, go to OPTIONS-> ADVANCED OPTIONS -> SIM CARD.

At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Look for Network in the list. If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says "Active", it's still locked to that carrier.

If your BB is still locked, then that is the reason why only the TIM SIM Card works...

bboy_h
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
It's unlocked .. when i tipe MEPD .. Network - disable... , I tri to find on google... and on this forum anithing about this phone ..and read all the posts... I think TIM install something on it... and evean if i reinstal the OS.. don't letm me use another network... It is another way to delet all the phone memoryy and install a fresh OS

xbrandonxx
02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
make sure you are putting the sim card in right....make sure the angled edge is on the outside there is a little picture where you put it in....i did that and couldnt figure out what i was doing wrong and finally i figured it out....if not i have some unlock codes you may be able to use
Marshall

John Clark
02-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Unlock codes are specific to each individual phone. You can't share them. Also, his phone says Network "disabled" so his phone is already unlocked.

sihnam
02-14-2008, 11:07 PM
I have 2 bb 8700c already unlocked by code, when I insert the simcard from different provider, recognize that provider and gives a good signal but when I try to make a call appears this message "Sorry, only emergency calls are allowed", I have already flashed the bb but it's the same, somebody nows how to solve this problem?? thanks

John Clark
02-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the forums!

You need to follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/67224-remove-policy.html

bboy_h
03-20-2008, 06:51 AM
can i delete all from the phone ..?