PDA

View Full Version : Device Driver Software for Vista

DanWaltz
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Installed the software on my laptop which has the Vista OS. The program seems to work with my Pearl 8100 okay using a cable, but I can't connect to the phone by bluetooth.

Also, I get this message when windlows starts up...

'windows needs to install device driver software for your BT device'

I loaded the CD that came with the phone, but there's nothing on the CD that will resolve this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

moorken
02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
for what reason do you want to connect using bluetooth to it? using it as a modem?

johnling
02-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Any driver you need would be for the Bluetooth adapter in your laptop. Make sure your laptop has Bluetooth and it is on.

bcgregory
02-09-2008, 03:30 AM
I am pulling my hair out with this. I have searched every forum I can find but have found no postings that cover my specific issue. Please help!!

I have a blackberry pearl 8100 and have just purchased a new Sony VGN-SZ61M with Windows Vista with bluetooth built in. I can pair the phone with the computer but when I use the desktop manager for the blackberry so that I can sync with bluetooth, the option is grayed out and will not allow me to make the selection.

The built in bluetooth is: Bluetooht Stack for Windows by Toshiba (v5.10.10(SO)). When I say that the phone is paired with the computer, it looks like it's paired as a modem. I don't know if this makes any difference.

I have seen several posts regarding drivers built into the SP2 for XP but I can't find anything specific to correcting this issue for Windows Vista.

If anyne can help, I would greatly appreciate it!!

jbairdjr
02-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I tried on a Win XP and Vista Laptop that I have to use the bluetooth for sync.
I finally solved the problem by putting a USB cable in my laptop bags.
Sometimes the little extra convienience isnt worth it.

stlduckhunter
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I have an 8820 and am running Vista and couldn't get it to work either. Would be interested in a solution if there is one.

Woodard2589
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
my curve used to work fine with it, but i had to get it replaced and have this problem with the new one. idk why.i could backup just fine before.

jfreeman3
02-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I have the same problem with my 8300 and Vista.

notrandom
10-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Hey BlackBerry! you there... has this issue been resolved? i have a Vista Home Premium / gateway P6831 - and a sprint 8330. i have installed all the software and my computer is still asking for a driver when trying to connect via bluetooth... please help.

alb123
10-22-2008, 05:47 AM
I have the same problem with my Vista laptop - I just decided that carrying around the USB to BB date cable isnt that big of a deal - I prefer it anyway since it will charge my phone. If I'm transferring media files (which is why I wanted the Bluetooth to work in the first place) it does that just fine using the data cable and Windows Explorer..

Chris