PDA

View Full Version : How I will do decryption of packet at server side

sudhirblgupta
02-06-2008, 06:56 AM
hi
I am very new in Black Berry development. I am building an application in which I am sending packets from server side to client side.In the application I am using TCP/IP server which is developed by me and MDS which is provided by RIM. Now I want to know how I will get the packets in the original form without any encryption or decryption? or any idea by which I can do decryption?

I need it very badly.Please help me out.:?

rambo47
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't think you have much of a chance, I'm sorry to say. Security is perhaps Blackberry's strongest suit. They've built their reputation on no one being able to decrypt their data. I recall someone saying they use 2048-bit encryption.

PS: copying another forum member's avatar is generally considered un-cool.

penguin3107
02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
hi
I am very new in Black Berry development. I am building an application in which I am sending packets from server side to client side.In the application I am using TCP/IP server which is developed by me and MDS which is provided by RIM. Now I want to know how I will get the packets in the original form without any encryption or decryption? or any idea by which I can do decryption?

I need it very badly.Please help me out.:?

You don't need to worry about that.
When the device is attached to the BES, an encryption key will be generated and the device will be automatically decrypt any data sent to it from the BES.
There's nothing you need to condigure on the device.
It just needs to be activated on the BES.