PDA

View Full Version : BES: Delete on Mailbox & Handheld Not Working

mpaquette
02-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Am I missing somethere here? I have the following settings on my 8830:

Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
Wireless Reconcile: On
On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

If I delete a message from the 8830 it deletes it from Outlook, but if I delete a message from Outlook it does not delete it from the 8830. I even tried the Reconcile Now option and the message still sits on the 8830.

JSanders
02-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Are you on BES?

mpaquette
02-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, BES 4.1.

Jagga
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
@<hidden>, maybe your service books are currupted or something else with your mailbox & BES is wrong. I would start by purging your Desktop [CMIME], Desktop [Sync] service books first. Then in Security Options> General options going all the way down the bottom click on menu key and Regenerate Service books. Wait about 1-10mins for it to complete and check if their back in Service Books. Then compose an email, send it to yourself, delete out of Outlook and check if its still there on your BB. If not check with your Admin if you haven't already.

BlackShyft02
02-07-2008, 12:54 PM
This all depends on the settings you have BES Side and how you deleted the mail from Outlook.

If you deleted the Mail permanently (purged from Deleted Items, Shift+Delete, moved to another folder) the request is not sent to the BES to be moved. The message will simply stay on the BlackBerry. The Reconcile Now option only sends a request for reconciliation that is fullfilled within a 15 minute window. If you get it timed right and request at the end of the 15 Minute window, you'll receive the change almost instantly, otherwise you will have to wait some time to see a change.

On the other hand... There is a Deleted Reconcile option on the BES that your Admins would have to activate (Most don't do it by default), and this would allow you to permanently delete, move, etc, anything inside Outlook and have the message on your device be modified accordingly. This does not include moving to synched PSTs; RIM has already stated how Synchronized PSTs work on the device.

mpaquette
02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Jagga, what I am seeing is if I delete an email from the 8830, within a few seconds I see it removed from the Outlook Inbox. If I delete it from the Outlook Inbox, I have to wait at least 15 minutes before I see it deleted from the 8830?

By the way, I am the Admin. We just got the 8830's and BES 4.1. I'm learning and it's been very frustrating. We used GoodLink before this.

holden
02-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Jagga, what I am seeing is if I delete an email from the 8830, within a few seconds I see it removed from the Outlook Inbox. If I delete it from the Outlook Inbox, I have to wait at least 15 minutes before I see it deleted from the 8830?

By the way, I am the Admin. We just got the 8830's and BES 4.1. I'm learning and it's been very frustrating. We used GoodLink before this.

Mpaquette;

This delete time is normal as deletions are not a high priority.

H.