PDA

View Full Version : Just Out of Curiousity

bc7
02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm just wondering how many people type e-mails on their BlackBerry's while they are sitting at their computer? I find myself doing this all the time. If I don't have my Outlook opened on my computer and my BB vibrates with a new e-mail I will respond on it before I open Outlook to respond. I caught myself doing this earlier this morning and laughed, so I figured I'd see who else does this.

jonabyte
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I do if I dont have my other emails readily available, like gmail.

Dawg
02-07-2008, 02:25 PM
guilty. Only because my personal email doesnt run through my office desktop. And my business email isnt on my personal PC

Thatzmister2u
02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Guilty as well. Honestly, I can't stand putting the BB down to use the PC! :)

ezrunner
02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Uber guilty

Rarely do I compose an email from a computer

daphne
02-07-2008, 06:06 PM
No so much sitting at the computer, but I frequently get emails at night when I'm getting ready to go to sleep. Instead of going back to the computer, I reply from the BB. Same thing anytime I'm in another room in the house.

DaddyFizzle
02-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Guilty as charged...I don't know why I do it...I catch myself half way typing in my BB and realized that I'm in front of my laptop!

It's the BB addiction!!!!

Sith_Apprentice
02-07-2008, 07:56 PM
i dont actually use my laptop for email anymore, though outlook is linked to the exchange server and gets "instant" delivery. Its all on the blackberry.

The real question is, how many people receive emails/use their blackberry enough they get "phantom" vibrations where they swear they can feel the blackberry vibrate, but it actually hasnt.

Rainbowtyedye
02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Guilty! Since I've had my personal BB, about 2 months now, I've only opened Outlook maybe 10 times. Since I'm managing my emails throughout the day now, I don't have the need to check them in Outlook unless it's a file that I can't open on the BB.

That reminds me, gotta go look on the computer for the latest video of my nephew. Thanks Sith for reminding me!!!

Josh615
02-07-2008, 08:36 PM
i dont actually use my laptop for email anymore, though outlook is linked to the exchange server and gets "instant" delivery. Its all on the blackberry.

The real question is, how many people receive emails/use their blackberry enough they get "phantom" vibrations where they swear they can feel the blackberry vibrate, but it actually hasnt.

I get the phantom vibrations all the time. I reach into my pocket really quickly and nothing, im like I know this damn thing just went off.

bc7
02-07-2008, 08:58 PM

What an outstanding follow-up question! That happens to me all of the time! In fact my wife, who doesn't have her e-mail sent to her BB (not needed), even has that happen to her. We have just chalked it up to a symptom of having a CrackBerry.

Sith_Apprentice
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
its the sign of an addiction! and i am proud to have Blackberry as my only Vice...well my only virtue too...

juwaack68
02-07-2008, 09:01 PM

This is so me! More like wishful thinking, though. If I look at it often enough, I'm sure I'll get an email.

Another thing I do is when I have it in the console of the car, if light reflects off it just right I think it's the LED flashing and have to check it.

I need a support group, I think.

Wait...that's why I'm HERE. ;-)

bones4u
02-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I just got caught doing this. I had my gmail open, but was using my :bb: a friend looks over and is amazed, asks why I'm emailing from two places. Another hears this, looks over, and simply says "crackberry"

texasrose73
02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Guilty as charged...of both offenses. My husband thinks I'm crazy!

Redflea
02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Guilty. But sometimes when working from home I work from the couch, and it's easier to type on the BB lying down that it is my laptop. :D

Sith_Apprentice
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
there is another way to work from home than sitting/laying on a couch and watching tv?

tsac
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Whats a PC?:razz:

hrddrv
02-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I do it when I am working on computers. I am a tech at a local high school and get emails and ims constantly.

ricpac
02-09-2008, 02:27 AM
when i walk i sometimes feel like i have new email and thought i just wasn't feeling the vibration because i was moving but there's none actually, i am just not comfortable enough that's why i have to dig in and check it whenever i feel like checking it; when i am in my room with loud music on, i can sometimes hear like i got new work email (i have different tunes for different mailboxes {i love the Yahoo! tune for my Yahoo!}, i usually move quick when i hear the work tune) like even when there's none - so i guess that's the ghost/panthom-blackberry-reflex syndrome; it's an addiction but it's safer than guns and drugs

how many of us here often worry if our emails ever got through to our no-BB recipients? because we thought we've been waiting for too long? but we just actually forgot they don't have Berrys and that's part of the cause for the delay? i think i have become impatient when it comes to email handling and all

TeritaM
02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm just wondering how many people type e-mails on their BlackBerry's while they are sitting at their computer? I find myself doing this all the time. If I don't have my Outlook opened on my computer and my BB vibrates with a new e-mail I will respond on it before I open Outlook to respond. I caught myself doing this earlier this morning and laughed, so I figured I'd see who else does this.

yeah thats pretty much my m.o. especially for my gmail account. I'm too cheap to pay for BES for my company so I still respond to those emails from my machine.

guilty as charged. I will stare at it if it doesn't go off for a while like somehow that will make someone email or text me.

I still don't see what the problem is, better a blackberry than smoking crack right? :razz: