PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Spam Text Messages

Shaun
02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Is anyone else getting hit with the AT&T text messages?

"AT&T Free Msg: Your phone can now make international calls from the US & when UR traveling overseas. ..."

I have received 11 of the identical message in the last 2 hours?

... calling AT&T now.

Seand1111
02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
nope, never.

ezrunner
02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
oddd check and see if intl roaming or calling was added to acct. if they are from ATT they are free call tech support about it

CO_BBTechie
02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Is anyone else getting hit with the AT&T text messages?

"AT&T Free Msg: Your phone can now make international calls from the US & when UR traveling overseas. ..."

I have received 11 of the identical message in the last 2 hours?

... calling AT&T now.

Well that's a valid AT&T SMS header. I changed some information online for my account earlier today, and received 3 confirmation text messages from AT&T, and they all began with that header. I believe you can opt out of messages like that as well but you will need to login to your account and change the marketing settings in your profile. I have only email checked for marketing stuff, but I'm guessing you have text message checked. The settings you're after are;

Please send me wireless news and special offers via:

Text Message
Phone
Mail

wxman
02-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I got one the other day about adding a new line on my plan :( It did have an option to unsubscribe though.

PPCMD
02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I received that message the other day but my wife didn't on her phone but did get two other SMS Spam messages. Nice timing though since I will be in the Caribbean in about 4 weeks and its cheaper to call home via my mobile than ship to shore.