PDA

View Full Version : Two lines one phone

itjustsaysnow
02-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi. I'm new to the blackberry phone, and not very versed in mobile speak, so I hope I'm getting this right.

I have a personal blackberry through Cingular and a company blackberry that is also from Cingular. I don't use any services on my personal phone other than the phone line. On the company blackberry I use a phone line, the blackberry email as well as other features.

Is it possible for me to port/transfer/move (not sure the right verbage here) my personal number over to the company phone without changing any account information with the service providers?

Thanks in advance!!

hudres
02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi! Welcome to this thread. Unfortunately I am reasonably certain that the BB will not support two different phone numbers. I wish it did. I have never seen any references to this. 73

x14
02-07-2008, 07:44 PM
All BlackBerry supports only 1 line.

takeshi
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
You can get a BB data plan on your personal account and place the SIM in your BB but obviously you'll be spending additional per month for the data plan.

As other have pointed out, there's no way you can have both lines on the BB.

I recommend just forwarding your personal line to your company BB. You have free mobile to mobile minutes, right?