PDA

View Full Version : Strange marks on screen - removable?

Ryan8700
02-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey everyone,

I recently notced strange marks on the screen of my Curve. They are tiny dots, and they really look like dust, just as if I got dust on my screen.

When I rub my finger over them, I feel absolutely nothing.. no indents or physical scratches - SO, I have a "hunch" that this IS actually dust - but, is it possible that dust has somehow collected UNDER the screen? Because when I move the curve around in the light, it almost looks as if the tiny dots are casting a shadow?

Is there any way that I can clean this? If anyone thinks that this is a possibility that somehow dust has collected on the inside of the screen, how can I fix it?

Thanks!

aiharkness
02-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Sounds like dust under the screen. Discussed here a lot. Search and you will find what people are doing.

tsac
02-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Could be a pixel failure. Is it small enough to be one. Same thing happens on a PC LCD screen. They usually go white or black but can be all color

Ryan8700
02-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Fixed the problem using a tutorial video on youtube - it was dust! Thanks for the help guys!