PDA

View Full Version : Receiving media files via bluetooth??

woodbridge
02-10-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm having a hard time receiving media files via the bluetooth from other cell phones.Usaually this is a simple task with other cell phones.I have a BB8830 and my friend has a razor cellphone and we've tried numerous times to transfer a file but with no luck.Is there something were doing wrong? It does say bluetooth enabled on my phone

JSanders
02-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Make sure you have your BB in receiving mode first.

Transfer files / media via Bluetooth - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Transfer_files_/_media_via_Bluetooth)

rambo47
02-10-2008, 08:43 AM
You have to hit the Menu button on the Blackberry when you're in the Media app and select "receive using bluetooth". It's a security thing. Nobody can slip a file onto your Blackberry via bluetooth.

cmpugh
02-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I was under the impression Verizon disables object transfers via bluetooth... Is this no longer the case?

Sith_Apprentice
02-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Verizon does, but the OP has telus from the looks of it

woodbridge
02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
You have to hit the Menu button on the Blackberry when you're in the Media app and select "receive using bluetooth". It's a security thing. Nobody can slip a file onto your Blackberry via bluetooth.

thanks buddy,i'll try as soon as my friend comes over with his razor phone

woodbridge
02-16-2008, 05:35 PM
i'm still having problems transferring media files via bluetooth from my buddy's razor phone onto mine bb8830.I've tried everything from going through the options and selecting bluetooth enabled to accept bluetooth options but at the end of the day it just seems that nothing works.Were both with Telus and he has no problem sending the same media file to anyone else but me.We even get to the point where it says enter your password or code which is simply 0000 and that's it!!
We know this is quite a simple task but for whatever reason the service always says unable to copy.Anyone have any other ideas??

Soapm
02-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Question... I know how to send from the computer to the device but how do I send from the device to the PC? I don't know how to put the PC in expect to receive mode???

ravich
09-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Worked like a breeze !! Thank you :-)

Beaky
10-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for throwing a light on this problem. I have been struggling for 3 days with the transfer of files between laptop and Blackberry 8310. You simple routine works great from other mobiles, but not my Sony Laptop running Vista!
How do I send and receive word documents with your routine?
thank you!

Beaky
10-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for throwing a light on this problem. I have been struggling for 3 days with the transfer of files between laptop and Blackberry 8310. You simple routine works great from other mobiles, but not my Sony Laptop running Vista!
How do I send and receive word documents with your routine?
thank you!