PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a work BB a personal BB ?

prowannabe
02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
I have a fairly new BB that used to be on my employers server, it was sent to me with the email service already downloaded and the wireless server access, etc. It's mine now as they discontinued using them and sold it to me very cheap. Question is, how can I get into the thing to change it to my personal settings? I have to enter a password everytime I pick it up, and the test messaging capability is locked out. I would like to put the sim card from my current cell phone (ATT) into it and start using it as my personal cell phone and email as it has the 500 contacts I put in it still in there.
Thanks.

Frank Castle
02-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Have the BES admin push you a empty policy, then you can remove the password requirement.

prowannabe
02-12-2008, 11:03 AM
i called a guy at our tech supp and he said there wasn't much he could do since we didn't use them anymore and something about the server?

DaddyFizzle
02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
And you will also have to get a BIS plan.

jsconyers
02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
You could try this

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

Make a backup, otherwise you will lose all of your data.

prowannabe
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm doing this on a new laptop with windows vista, when I click on the start icon, there is no place to click or type run, where is it? It pops up on my other laptop with XP but vista is new to me. help.

wawasteele
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm doing this on a new laptop with windows vista, when I click on the start icon, there is no place to click or type run, where is it? It pops up on my other laptop with XP but vista is new to me. help.

Click start. In the box at the bottom of the screen, where it says "start search", type in "run". without the ".

Wanda

Thatzmister2u
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Vista....how unfortunate.... :) What she^^^ said!

prowannabe
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
You could try this

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

Make a backup, otherwise you will lose all of your data.

Thanks ! I've done this and it seems to be working. I'll play with it a bit longer and see if I can get it all working correctly.