PDA

View Full Version : this is probably the stupidest question ever...

appugliese
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I was looking for free applications for my 7130e and i noticed that someone asked the same question, and the answer was that there was a sticky thread with tons of info on the subject...

i'm computer retarded (though i DID get this far), so here's my question: what's a sticky thread and where do i find them (and in particular the one pertinent to this post)

thanks a million guys and pls forgive my ignorance...

Sith_Apprentice
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
a sticky thread is one that the moderators have chosen to keep always at the top of that particular forum. as for the free apps, there are hundreds out there. Many of them are found in the aftermarket section of this very site.

Aftermarket Software - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/)

there you are, the threads at the top have fantastic information. Also, welcome to the site!

Thatzmister2u
02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
I can assure you that your question is far from the dumbest ever (as there is no such thing here!) Sticky Threads are very useful frequent information listed at the top of each thread where they will not disappear. If you go the the 8100 Series forum the most frequently used information will be stickied at the top of the thread (they are a different color) that same for the 7100 series forum, media, etc.

Does that make sense?

E-

Enjoy the forums!

JSanders
02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
True what they say. Your's was not the dumbest question ever asked.

The dumbest question is, "Where is the log-off button for this website?"

Sith_Apprentice
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM

What are the red and green buttons for the on the blackberry?

appugliese
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
okay... that was really fast!!

thanks for the help and thanks for the welcome... i've had my BB for about a year now and this site has been a wealth of info...(y)

Thatzmister2u
02-12-2008, 11:06 PM

Hey wait a minute!!! I had to ask that question!!!! :P

MrKyoo
02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
The dumbest question is, "Where is the log-off button for this website?"Ooooh my wife is crackin' up right now.

JSanders
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey wait a minute!!! I had to ask that question!!!! :P

grrrr, dang it, see I try to put someone at ease and not offend anyone, and yes now I remember it was you.

JSanders
02-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Ooooh my wife is crackin' up right now.

Wha? Did she also try to find it when your back was turned? :-(

Thatzmister2u
02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
grrrr, dang it, see I try to put someone at ease and not offend anyone, and yes now I remember it was you.

And now you have to drag my painful past out into the light for everyone to see! Darn you JS!!! New users be warned...the questions will come back to haunt you! :) (Just playing!) Ask away guys and gals!