PDA

View Full Version : CMIME service book problem

Fuzion
07-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I just got a new Blackberry 7100t on T-Mobile, and it's missing the CMIME web client service book, so I can't send e-mail. I've been on the phone with T-Mobile blackberry support since Thursday, and they can't get it sent to my Blackberry. Now they keep saying it's a server side issue on their end, and apparently they can't send any service books out for the past 2 days.
Does anyone know anything about this? Could it be a problem with the device itself? Since I've never been able to send email from this device.

kevpmcl
07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
I have a 7230 on T-mobile and I cannot get the service book either. I was on the phone a couple of times with T-mobile blackberry support and they had me reinstall O.S. software and do all kinds of fun things but no luck. They were supposed to call back and check to see if I got the service book but I guess they got tired of trying to help me because they never did. They never said anything about a problem on their end, they kept pointing to something with my 7230. I got the browser icons and can web browse no problem the only thing missing is service book for e-mails. Can't send or receive them. Not sure what to do and I don't think T-mobile does either.

Soapm
07-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Did you register your device at http://www.t-mobile.com/bis/default.asp and send yourself the service book?

MasterBB
07-25-2005, 08:01 AM
do you have a web-client that you were given when you purchased the blackberry? if so, log into it, then click on an "options" or "profiles" page, and look towards the bottom where it says "send service book". simple enough...

wait about 10-15 minutes for an activation email, and then try a test email to yourself (the address given to you upon purchase) and then it should come through. good luck!

MasterBB
07-25-2005, 08:03 AM
this should be the web page for a t-mobile account...

https://webclient.blackberry.net/WebMail/Window.jsp?site=tmo

you'll of course need your user id and password (this should have been set up by the place you purchased it)

kevpmcl
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
It must have been a t-mobile issue like I thought. around 8 am I received an email saying I was registered with the server and when I went under service book and message services, CMIME shows up now. I am now able to send and receive e-mails. Weird that it took so long. Almost 2 days but I am just glad it is working. Thanks to all who posted a reply. Happy Crackberry days to all!!