PDA

View Full Version : Battery on 7520 dying

rta53
07-11-2005, 09:53 AM
I got my 7520 in Feburary and my battery life has been ok mostly. However in the last 2 or 3 weeks I've noticed increasingly shorter battery life. By noon my battery level would be down to almost 50%. Well at 10:30 this morning my battery is already down to 13%. I usually charge it overnight and when I first got this BB I went through a couple of complete battery discharges as someone had recommended. I don't use the radio or phone much during the day. Does this sound like a bad battery or am I doing something wrong. I did recently install BB Messenger and Ramble but I have not used Ramble at all and have not used Messenger today.

raja
07-11-2005, 10:01 AM
I know that when I have WebMessenger running (not just installed, but running), there is serious drainage on the battery. It may not be a correct observation though, that's just what I sort of assumed. Try to uninstall those apps and see if there is a difference.

Buckeyenut
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
I had the pocket day application runnng for a while and noticed the same type of battery issues as you described. uninstalled pocketday and the battery life went back to normal. I am new to the blackberry scene but thought i would mention it.

gren2
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
raja< do you have a 7520 from bell and if so which messenger do you have? i haven't been able to get one running on my bb

thanx

PingGuy
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
I recently had Dynoplex's eFile installed on my 7520 and it didn't seem to have any negative effects until I tried to use the "Save to eOffice function" and then tried to view the file. For three days after that my battery life was cut in half. Finally I uninstalled eFile and the problem went away.

raja
07-11-2005, 10:31 AM
@<hidden>

I have a 7520 from Telus, actually.

I have used http://www.shapeservices.com/eng/im/implus.php and http://www.webmessenger.com/index.jsp so far. Both have been on trial periods. None outshines the other, but Webmessenger seemed more stable, less likely to get cut off.

rta53
07-12-2005, 06:22 AM
Well it seems my problem might be related to my AC charger I use at night. I can charge using the USB on my PC and the battery seems to last just fine. 1 hour of charge via the USB and it lasts all day. Go figure.

Dusty Saddle
07-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Well it seems my problem might be related to my AC charger I use at night. I can charge using the USB on my PC and the battery seems to last just fine. 1 hour of charge via the USB and it lasts all day. Go figure.
Is your AC charger an aftermarket charger? There have been posts about some aftermarket chaargers not working well with blackberries.

rta53
07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Is your AC charger an aftermarket charger? There have been posts about some aftermarket chaargers not working well with blackberries.

No it's actually the charger that came with the BB. May just be defective.